Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The ban is because the post broke a rule. The rule is there to keep the board "clean" and such. Why leave the stain unless it's as a warning to others? Is it the person that is in violation or the post? A problem is identified and the cause was removed, but not the problem :dunno:

I hear you. I just know that when the post is removed you will see the conspiracy theorists begin to beat their chests.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The ban is because the post broke a rule. The rule is there to keep the board "clean" and such. Why leave the stain unless it's as a warning to others? Is it the person that is in violation or the post? A problem is identified and the cause was removed, but not the problem :dunno:
    I would prefer they leave them so that we know exactly what happened that caused the ban. But that's just me.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    unless it's as a warning to others
    Unless there's an offensive photo skirting the filter, I'd see no reason to not leave it up.
    And aside from that, I don't disagree with anything he posted. I've always enjoyed his perspective, and I'll miss reading his comments.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know. I also enjoyed his posts for the most part.
    My point is that even knowing it will end badly folks will push the nose over and dive straight into the rules.
    I understand the rules in here. They makes perfect sense to me. Agree or not we have a great place to hang out. I have met the absolute best people through this place. (is this really a place)
    And, well, I got to meet you..................:yesway:

SHHHHH!

What happens in Nashville should stay in Nashville.

:):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agreed. I'm OK with it too.

I would prefer they leave them so that we know exactly what happened that caused the ban. But that's just me.

Unless there's an offensive photo skirting the filter, I'd see no reason to not leave it up.
    And aside from that, I don't disagree with anything he posted. I've always enjoyed his perspective, and I'll miss reading his comments.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I ended up trimming back my reply in that thread as a precaution. I don't think I had posted anything that others would find offensive, but if the rule is no religion being discussed then I have to abide by it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think after the most recent hullabaloo, and the comments about inconsistencies and a lack of transparency, that was probably their goal. I think it's a good idea too, unless like Jet Girl said, a post contains a graphic that skirts the filters.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You should know that mom's are always watching and if you want something specific, you have to be clear about that! :rofl:

The worst soap ever is dishwashing detergent...a squirt of that will make you want to puke! NASTY STUFF!!

But it leaves your breath lemony-fresh! :):

143953353_691184e0.gif

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think after the most recent hullabaloo, and the comments about inconsistencies and a lack of transparency, that was probably their goal. I think it's a good idea too, unless like Jet Girl said, a post contains a graphic that skirts the filters.

...and if there are questions about the suitability of these "graphic" "racy" pictures please feel free to PM them to me for a second opinion. Just me taking one for the team. ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I cannot say that I ever developed a taste for it, but I can say that I prefered the taste of any soap over my grandmother's divinity with black walnuts. Come to think of it, I'd rather have ate bugs, dirt, paint chips (with lead), the damp contents of guttering, chunky spoiled milk... It was bad.

When I read HR's post, I felt like he drafted that as a farewell post. He did not flirt with any gray area, but dove right into the [STRIKE]deep[/STRIKE] SHALLOW water.

FIFY. That wasnt a dive into a safe, deep pool. That was knowingly jumping headfirst off the roof into a 12" deep kiddie pool.

The Mods are in a no win situation with this. If they delete it they are accused of hiding something. If they leave it they are scolded for leaving offensive posts up. They can't win.

I think this is the equivalent of leaving the slain invader's head on a pike outside the gates of the castle. Nothing outwardly offensive as the details of the post on the surface appear to be factual. However it WAS a clear violation of the rules and could be used as a shining example of what happens when you break them and precisely HOW to break them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom