• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There's no disrespect in calling out a fact. To say "I would be banned for saying [x], even though another person can say [x]." is in no way disrespectful. I think you're confusing it with something else, but I'm not even sure what that would be. If you could elaborate, it might clear up why there seems to be two schools of thought about the same one scenario.

I'm not talking about any particular scenario because I wasn't involved in any of the recent schism other than to drop in and say something stupid without reading any of the thread. I'm speaking generally about what I've seen in the past and what I see on INGO almost everyday when someone gets all worked up. I'm not targeting you or anyone else.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm sorry if it came across that way, but I quoted you both because I thought we were discussing it?

It's flat text on an internet forum. Sometimes it helps to distinguish the "it" as either a specific point of discussion, or just a blanket generalization.
    When you quote someone and comment something specifically aimed at that quote, it's generally accepted as "this particular thing is what I'm expressing opinion about"... just sayin'.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It's flat text on an internet forum. Sometimes it helps to distinguish "it" as either a specific point of discussion, or just a blanket generalization.
    When you quote someone and comment something specifically aimed at that quote, it's generally accepted as "this particular thing is what I'm expressing opinion about"... just sayin'.

I tried to say "no one in particular" in all of my posts, I may have forgotten in a few of them...sorry monkey. I think those that are angered by things mods have said or done also need to remember exactly what you just said.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's move on.

giphy.gif

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, I didn't read this whole thread, but I think it's safe to say I was the one who brought the pedos into that one. HOWEVER, the only reason I mentioned them, (and bestiality for that matter) was to draw a parallel, make an analogy. The gays have been getting a blank check for the last several years, and the others are looking to get in on that. Get themselves out of the DSM, maybe get some laws. These are not nice people. I'm not defending them. Maybe you don't want to acknowledge it, but I've read articles. It's the way it is. I'm still reconciling gays vs them intellectually, and hope to have a consistent philosophy soon. I just don't yet. Excuse the **** out of me. Now, nobody say anything about pedophilia or bestiality any more, and maybe this thread won't get locked. Or incest. They're out there, too. There's a whole world of wrong just waiting to make us all sticky and diseased. Where's the border we should defend?

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok, I didn't read this whole thread, but I think it's safe to say I was the one who brought the pedos into that one. HOWEVER, the only reason I mentioned them, (and bestiality for that matter) was to draw a parallel, make an analogy. The gays have been getting a blank check for the last several years, and the others are looking to get in on that. Get themselves out of the DSM, maybe get some laws. These are not nice people. I'm not defending them. Maybe you don't want to acknowledge it, but I've read articles. It's the way it is. I'm still reconciling gays vs them intellectually, and hope to have a consistent philosophy soon. I just don't yet. Excuse the **** out of me. Now, nobody say anything about pedophilia or bestiality any more, and maybe this thread won't get locked. Or incest. They're out there, too. There's a whole world of wrong just waiting to make us all sticky and diseased. Where's the border we should defend?

Slippery slope much?

Slippery-Slope.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom