• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So, you want us to spell out line by line, item by item, what is, and what isn't allowed on INGO? Yes?

Sorry, not possible. There are a couple parts of the Rules that already cover this.

As we can never convey a philosophy through a few rules, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete posts and/or to revoke Membership.
    As for specifically mentioning discussions about homosexuality as being made against the Rules, yes, that's covered too..

All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site.

Fenway has ALWAYS wanted this site to be MAINLY about guns. The Politics Forum has been a bone of contention for as long as I can remember, and its continued existence has been debated for just about that long. The arguing that happens there? yeah, that's covered too..

Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

and..

INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light.

We can't please everyone, if we cut out one thing at a Member's request, then people complain that we cut it... if we ADD something, other people complain that we added it. For every rule we enforce, somebody disagrees with that rule, and says we have too many and we shouldnt be so hard in enforcement, while at the same time we get PMs from another group asking for more STRICT adherence to the Rules, sometimes about the exact same post..

Bottom line? INGO is a melting pot. We are doing our best to make all welcome in as positive an environment as possible., I don't see it changing any time soon unless Fenway makes a 180 switch in his philosophy of what kind of Forum he wants INGO to be.

I am sorry that some of you feel that is a bad thing, or don't understand why we do what we do, but that is where we are at. That is what we are trying to be.
    And, that is what we will continue to enforce, until we hear otherwise from the Boss.

Peace,
    Jim aka Roadie

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    There is no such thing as ban bait.

Here is a snippet of a mod post explaining why;

The standard in place for the moderator staff is "At the moderator's sole discretion".

So, no we don't need a "reason" to ban anyone. We can ban any user at any time for any reason, or no reason at all...it is ENTIRELY up to the moderator.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My threads are nearly all based on breaking news, important topics and goings-on, or carry issues. I couldn't give less of a crap about a specific mod and his unstable rant over the users of the politics subforum. I don't think he should be a mod, but I can't do anything about that. I have no intentions of "making a poll" about his modship. He's a mod, I'm a user. That's how it's going to be.

If the mods consider me a "rabble-rouser", they're very mis-aligned in their priorities. There are plenty of other "fringe" contributors here that I'm sure they'd rather have their eye on than me.

A thread about the government jailing citizens for denying service to people is not bait. It's information. It's something you should know, simple as that. I don't post "bait". I take offense to my threads being considered "bait."

HOWEVER - I don't take responsibility for the people posting in my threads. The people posting in the thread DID devolve the discussion into a topic that didn't need to be touched on. It was unrelated to the original post.

The subject matter was government overstepping it's bounds. Not pedo crap.
    I think you are taking this too personally. Pretty much any thread that has a religious undertone devolves into trouble areas. Pretty much any thread that concerns gay marriage devolves. That thread had gone into not only pedophilia but religious discussion near the end. I did see the last few messages and would not have been surprised if someone had gotten banned. Instead of *****ing about how it was handled, I would think people should be happy. Instead of banning people he just removed the comments that were walking the line and closed the thread to stop it from progressing any further.

I'm glad that BoR took the path he did rather than banning people.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have always wondered why they haven't cracked down on the cop bashing threads. We have heard from several officers that most LEOs in the state refuse to come here because they don't feel like they are welcome here.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose....... It may not be the end of the Republic just yet - but you can see it from here.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have always wondered why they haven't cracked down on the cop bashing threads. We have heard from several officers that most LEOs in the state refuse to come here because they don't feel like they are welcome here.

I disagree that it's the threads, again... it's the users. There can be a civil discussion about officers that overstep their bounds, or do something stupid, or do something illegal... These are topics that should be brought up, things people should know about. Our LEOs here on INGO join these discussions at times, and contribute good content... and a valuable point-of-view from the inside.

But, when contributors to the threads paint a broad brush over the cop occupation with strongly negative comments... then a moderator has the opportunity to "moderate"... which shouldn't always be *LOCK/DELETE/BAN*... but join the discussion and "moderate" it away from the strongly negative commentary.

Or, perhaps, be more liberal with the warnings. Those seem to be petering off lately. I'd imagine a well-worded, general warning in a thread goes a lot further than a no-warning ban/lock. It also looks better from the outside.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I disagree that it's the threads, again... it's the users. There can be a civil discussion about officers that overstep their bounds, or do something stupid, or do something illegal... These are topics that should be brought up, things people should know about. Our LEOs here on INGO join these discussions at times, and contribute good content... and a valuable point-of-view from the inside.

But, when contributors to the threads paint a broad brush over the cop occupation with strongly negative comments... then a moderator has the opportunity to "moderate"... which shouldn't always be *LOCK/DELETE/BAN*... but join the discussion and "moderate" it away from the strongly negative commentary.

Or, perhaps, be more liberal with the warnings. Those seem to be petering off lately.

No, I think that we need to eliminate any topics that might make someone feel bad. Perhaps we should have a thread where members could suggest other topics that make them feel bad. Like the Colt snake models... I always feel bad that I don't have one when the topic comes up. It reminds me that I am poorer than the rest of you and that makes me feel worse. I would support a ban on mentioning these.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    No, I think that we need to eliminate any topics that might make someone feel bad. Perhaps we should have a thread where members could suggest other topics that make them feel bad. Like the Colt snake models... I always feel bad that I don't have one when the topic comes up. It reminds me that I am poorer than the rest of you and that makes me feel worse. I would support a ban on mentioning these.

Come on, Expat. Be realistic. The only way to fix this problem is an equal redistribution of wealth.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ******snip*******

Fenway has ALWAYS wanted this site to be MAINLY about guns. The Politics Forum has been a bone of contention for as long as I can remember, and its continued existence has been debated for just about that long. The arguing that happens there? yeah, that's covered too.. *******************snip***********************************

Peace,
    Jim aka Roadie

A quick math calc shows gun posts at about 1.7 million. Everything else (Break Room, Politics, etc.) is about 2.5 million). I came for the gun info, but stay for everything else. My posts occasionally disappear w/o warning, sometimes with an infraction, sometimes w/o. At least send me a postcard. I will not get bent out of shape whatever happens here. It's all in the cloud, so it doesn't really matter (unless the cloud is yer whole world). I which case I have a drug for you.......

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with GP that things like the growing fascism of homosexual acceptance and stories of police abuse of powers are important things to be discussed. They can be discussed without denigrating large groups of people or bringing forbidden topics to bear. I often refrain from addressing certain topics or points being made because I feel like the best, most appropriate response I can come up with will cross over the forum's lines. I can take heated, pointed, and even nasty retorts to my points; they're just words and they sometimes serve to reflect the true character of those saying/typing them. But that's not the environment the ownership is wanting to be created here and I can live with that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Come on, Expat. Be realistic. The only way to fix this problem is an equal redistribution of wealth.

Good suggestion Brad... an INGO property tax could be levied and the money could be spread around to the less fortunate...

To each according to the emptiness of their safes, from each according to the size of their collection?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The back seat modding is amazing. We have a volunteer group of mods who spend hours and hours attempting to make INGO a better place for FREE! They invest alot of time into this site and it is not an easy job. We have been down this road before. More rules, less rules, no cop basing, INGO loves cops, this place is a cess pool and scares away gun owners, I'm being censored and should be able to say anything I want. It goes on and on. I have been around forums for over 10 years. I'm involved with groups of other forum owners who own some of the biggest boards on the interweb. What we have going on here is excellent.

Sit back, relax, talk guns and off topic conversations as well. We are constantly working to balance a fine line here. Give the mods a break.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Or, perhaps, be more liberal with the warnings. Those seem to be petering off lately. I'd imagine a well-worded, general warning in a thread goes a lot further than a no-warning ban/lock. It also looks better from the outside.

I have seen in thread warnings and they last about a 20 page set of posts and those lacking in filters and social grace just can not help themselves and it is back to a free for all.
    I have seen members ask for civil discourse and be jumped on for it.

SicSTi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I agree with the admins, give them a break. For people who complain about the political stuff or anything else they disagree with, NO ONE is forcing you to read it. Just skip the thread and move on. To complain about something you aren't forced to read is a little ridiculous especially when its something in its own little thread that isn't mixed up with everything else that is gun related.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with the admins, give them a break. For people who complain about the political stuff or anything else they disagree with, NO ONE is forcing you to read it. Just skip the thread and move on. To complain about something you aren't forced to read is a little ridiculous especially when its something in its own little thread that isn't mixed up with everything else that is gun related.

People tend to vent lifes frustrations when they feel anonymous. The interwebs is a perfect venue for those with sad/hateful lives. Not all in here but you can spot them pretty easily.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom