• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I bought a used 870 super mag off a member today for a awesome deal. Its a gift for my father in-law.I have a couple 870 mags myself but am wondering do i keep the Sm and give him one of my mags?

Why would you ever want to shoot 3.5 inch shells? I hunt Turkey, shoot trap on occasion. My mags are like new and this one is in great shape but used more than mine. Would you forget the SM and keep what you have?

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    i have an 870 super mag, but i've never found a reason to use 3 1/2 shells. A friend has one though, and he insists it's better to dove hunt with...

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    it would make sense, with that choke. But I think it might be a bit overkill. 3" should be just fine, but it's all personal preference

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Heck I can't find 3 1/2" shells. Did put some 3" nitro mags through mine and was impressed. If you have a couple of them it couldn't hurt to keep the super mag for yourself, if its in good shape.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    My turkey gun is a Mossberg 835 which shoots the 3.5" shells. alot of turkey hunters and waterfowl hunters use the larger shells..more shot,more powder. and is also more versital than a 10ga which is also chambered for 3.5" shells....there is also a 3.5" 20ga out there,I think thats a slug gun tho.

IUalum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have one of these guns and it's my primary waterfowl hunter. I shoot 3.5" shells with hevishot. I think that I have been able to make shots on a few ducks that I would never have made with 2 3/4" steel. The extra shot just gives you that many more pellets to throw out there. I don't really notice the extra recoil.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    My turkey gun is a Mossberg 835 which shoots the 3.5" shells.
    Me too. deer gun, too. and rabbit, skeet, trap, dove, well, you get the idea.
    a lot of turkey hunters and waterfowl hunters use the larger shells..more shot,more powder. and is also more versital than a 10ga which is also chambered for 3.5" shells....there is also a 3.5" 20ga out there,I think thats a slug gun tho.
    Yup. 3.5" steel for duck and goose. reach out and touch them.

drewdahler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I have a Super Express Magnum, and i've loved having the availablity of the 3.5".... if for no other reason, I have allot of friends that have never shot, and gettin to watch them get slammed by a 3.5" for the first time is worth buyin a box of shells! haha

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Same here. 3.5 for ducks and geese.

I've also got about 15 rounds of 3.5" 00 Buck for home defense. I want to turn anyone breaking into my house into sausage. Each round has about 15 balls in it.

Top Bottom