• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did Han shoot first and would you do the same?

• Total voters

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Interesting poll results...

I guess it demonstrates that passively letting someone else offer us a relatively fast death if we resist in a more predictable fashion or a slow and painful death at the hands of a terminally vengeful employer just isn't a good deal to go along with, and most of us understand that! :ingo:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, poll kind of one-sided, eh?

Han was a disreputable scoundrel; it is well within his character to shoot first. Additionally, I think that you could have interpreted Greedo as "threatening" him....I guess it depends on what the status of Stand-Your-Ground laws are in Mos Eisley.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I don't speak Greedo, but I think I can make out his last words... something like "Han, I know you like to shoot first, so please don't shoot me. I want to be friends." then Han Says "I bet you do" and BLAMMO!

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I chose Han shot second but got lucky. I would have shot first. I guess that's because it's what I remember the last time I watched Star Wars. (Stupid newer versions that change classis scenes for the worse.)

I didn't check the poll results before I voted. ... not that anyone would do that..

Heh.

Cheers

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was still in college when my grandfather passed away. However, he left me with much wisdom; such as he who hesitates dies. He was a WWI Combat Veteran of the Argonne Forest.

So, if a lethal looking weapon is pulled on me, I would shoot first. :>)

ps: I have a numbered German Luger that has been traced back to a German Officer who fought in the Argonne Forest engagement at the time of my Grandfather Haas (on the US side not Germany). :>) I gave it to my youngest Nephew. He is named after me and Grandpa Haas.

God Bless America.
    Vv

Top Bottom