• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I've shopped there a handful of times but I'm getting ready to apply for a management position and I'm curious about everyone's impression on the store.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I hear, they pay pretty good, I don't know about what kind of "work" you will be doing .....

When I have shopped there, both Indy, and Greenfield, the cashier, seems to be doing everything .....

I can't remember ever seeing a "Manager' .....

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I hear, they pay pretty good, I don't know about what kind of "work" you will be doing .....

When I have shopped there, both Indy, and Greenfield, the cashier, seems to be doing everything .....

I can't remember ever seeing a "Manager' .....

From what I've seen (a) yes they pay well...over $12/hr and (b) managers do the grunt work but only get mgmt pay (extra $3/hr) while doing "management duties".

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    They do a heck of alot with few staff. Good way to control overhead. No idea how well they pay but the cashier at Southport Rd. store has been there for years. I like their stores and goods.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Back in the early 1990's I worked at the Big "R" store in Portage and one of the cashiers went to work at the Aldi's store in Portage and transferred to the Valparaiso at least five years ago and is the store manager with at least 25 years service and two kids in college.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    When my wife and I first got married (25 years ago), she was an accountant in one of the warehouse offices. They paid well at the time and had a very good benefits package. It was a good company to work for at the time. She "retired once we had young kids. She has friends that still work there and do well. I cannot comment on the store workers, but the office and warehouse employee jobs are good jobs. Aldi is a German owned company (Albrecht). Overhead is intentionally kept as low as possible and multi-tasking is one way that is done.

Dirty Steve

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    We shop there all the time. My wife swears that Aldi produce is as good as anybody elses in our area.

She had a lucky cart-quarter that she kept in the car that she'd used many many times. Then she was taking her cart up one day and a little old guy held out his quarter and said "I'll take your cart", and she took the quarter and gave him the cart. When she got to the car, I laughed and said "You lost your lucky quarter." and she said "Yeah, but now I got a luckier one."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife shops there some. So far as impressions, she's favorably impressed. It's just that the selections are sometimes kinda limited (Bedford store) so she doesn't shop there as much as some others.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I shop there every week. I probably buy more there than I do at Kroger. They're great for the staples, and their quality is very good, especially for the prices. They get some interesting cheeses in too, which I like especially at this time of year when we set out cheese and crackers for holiday get togethers. I've got some Mango Habanero Fire, Cranberry Chipotle White Cheddar and Jalapeno Havarti in the fridge right now. I wish they'd get some more of the sliced Monterey Jack marbled with bleu cheese that they had a couple of years ago. It was awesome on burgers!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Just went there yesterday. Filled up the cart and it was a little over $65 at check-out. I can't remember the last time I filled up a cart for less than $100 anywhere else. The selection is pretty limited compared to most other places, but so long as you don't want anything exotic it is fine. Good place to get the staples.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    We shop there. I usually grab people's carts as they pick up their last bag, then I run up and get the quarter

Little old ladies are the best to do the hoosierdoc method on. If it's raining it works even better. I've never heard a little old lady cuss like that except when another person yells "Bingo" at the local bingo hall.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have pt's that work there. It is my understanding that they have a set number of people working there at all times, 2-3 depending on the size of the store. Each employee is trained on how to do everything in the store (register, stocking.....). It is one of their unique business models. You don't get hired to be a cashier, you learn every part of the store and work every part each shift depending on what work needs done at any given moment.

Top Bottom