• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • corriedewilde

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    My first firearm I bought in the early seventies, were a model 70 Beretta, I believe it is the Jaguar in the US. I still have it and after I bought 150 more, it is still my favorite.

It taught dozens of beginners and is still the practice gun for the family members with Beretta carry guns.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I have a Buckmark that gets shot every time I go to MCF&G.

I also have this:

FNH_Five-seveN.jpg

Christmas present. What can I say? Santa likes me. :) Frabique Nationale d'Herstel Five-seveN.

Hey, .224 is a 22. Ok, ok, it's 5.7x28. Still, it uses .224 bullets. And if we round a 4, we must round down...

Last edited:

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    This has been a very good thread. After reading the responses here, anyone who doesn't own one will surely want to correct that. They are just a lot of fun to shoot. And your can spend a little or a lot.
    I have owned quite a few in my lifetime. Some I sold and have forever regretted it. One I well remember was a little Virginian single action revolver in stainless. It shot very good groups at 25 yards with .22 LR. I could change the cylinder to Magnums and they would shoot to the same group so that you could not tell that a change had been made. Never saw another one that would do that. I surely wish I had that one back. I think we have all probably sold guns that we wish we hadn't!
    I always try to keep at least a good 2 year supply of ammo on hand to feed my .22's. Never pass up a sale on the decent stuff. That way I can shoot all I want, whenever I want. :)

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I think plinking at the 75 and 100 yard gongs at MCFG with my GSG1911 .22LR is really one of the most fun things I do on a regular basis. It just brings a smile to my face. Screwing a suppressor on it allows me to shoot in my backyard, which just adds to the fun!
    Have you ever tried a Sig Mosquito or any other 22 LR? I have narrowed down my options to the Mosquito, Walther P22, GSG1911, and maybe the ISSC M22BT. Trying to find the tie-breaker among those options.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    ISSC (Austrian Arms m22) and a Tanfoglio Witness Full Frame 9mm with the 22 Slide/barrel conversion.

I shoot them every trip to MCF&G
    Ever had problems with your ISSC? Sounds like a quality gun. I found one for around $280. Seems like that is an ok price.

IndianaBuckeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    I LOVE shooting .22s!
    My MKI and MKII are a blast to eat bricks with.... and the Tec-22 is just plain cool!
    Everyone needs several .22s..... I know I plan on scoring some more :rockwoot:
    They just bring a smile to your face :D

I seems like no matter what I bring to the range, everyone ends competing with a .22

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I just recieved a Kel-tec PLR-22 from Santa this year, and I have to say shooting this gun has to be the most fun I have ever had at the range. With this thing I can make a pop bottle dance at 25yrds and I just can't keep the smile off my face:D.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I do and really enjoy it.

My Colt New Frontier

ColtNewFrontier222.jpg

My Browning BuckMark Camper

BrowningBuckMarkSightMarkReflexS-4.jpg

My Ruger Bearcat

DSC_0121.jpg

My Sig Sauer Mosquito

SigSauerMosquito22cal2.jpg

My 40 year old Beretta 70S - still a sweet shooter

DSC_0108.jpg

Sig Sauer 1911/22

22b.jpg

All fun to shoot.

:cool:

Last edited:

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Swany : re the M22 -

No problems with it - I usually shoot 22 Thunderbolt's through that gun - it will take cci mini mags of course

It will not properly eject/feed the Remington bulk 525 pack.

My Tanfoglio is the same way.

When I bought it I got it from Bradis for 285.00 with 2 magazines. I really need to stop in and see if they have magazines - I think they were 35.00 and I'd like to have a couple more. It's a fun gun to shoot

ramman67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    bryant IN
    sig

I have shot my daughters sig mosquito many times its a great little 22 and very fun to shoot also.I recently started looking for one of my own to buy for myself.

Last edited:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    My first handgun was my ruger single action six. Still shoot it. Couldnt even even begin to count the number of rounds ive put through it.

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    favorite 22 cal revolver

Colt diamond back. Best 22 revolver ever made. Clean after shooting and it will retain its value. Favorite 22 auto Ruger standard model

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I'll be sure to take some pics of my (2) Ruger Mark3 22/45s. I have a 6" and a 4.5" with a threaded barrel.. Torn the internals out of one of the frames and replaced with Mark 2 stuff from Volquartsen. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    CAPNWILLIE:
    I like your choice. There was one at the 1500 show a few years baack I wish I had bought. All engraved and had a pair of great stag grips. All for $800 cash. All was mint with box....I still kick my own butt for not buying it. I certainly had the cash with me that day....Dumb, Dumb,dumb....John

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Wood grips - nice engraving though
    Still have box and manual - it was dad's snake gun
    It's the one I start the kids on in the back field - fun times

Top Bottom