• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I came across the following ad for an SKS with a "monte carlo" stock for... drum rool please .... $150!! And get this, the seller was "firm" on that price hah! Now I'm not a huge sks fan, and especially not for aftermarket stocks, but somebody got a freakin steal.

SKS with Monte Carlo Stock - 7.62x39

I called yesterday morning, but the guy said it had already been picked up. Shame.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    The guy probably only paid 100.00 for it 10 years ago and doesnt live in the gun world.

Steve09

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Mooresville
    I just picked one up two days ago, all factory furniture but missing the mag for $150. It turned out to be a nice piece. I can wait to see it function this weekend.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I remeber the days when tables at the 1500 would have those things stacked up like cord wood. $100 was a starting price for negotiations.

Bull

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Jennings County
    I think I gave $80 for mine a few years ago. My buddy went down south somewhere and bought them by the dozen and ammo by the 10,000 and brought them back here to sell to his buddies.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I bought an all original Chinese military one (with all original accessories) that was 98%+ at a flea market about 6 years ago for $125, and it even came with a few boxes of ammo and some free cosmoline that somebody didn't get cleaned off! :rockwoot:

My cousin used to work with a guy from China, and he had his co-worker check into how much it would cost to buy SKS's and have them imported. At the time (at least 20 years ago) he could buy them and have them shipped (not including import taxes/fees, FFL costs, shipping from port to his location, or anything else; it was just to get the from China to the US port) for $15 each. The only catch was that he had to buy a whole container load of them, there were several thousand in a container. He had all the paperwork to get his importing FFL and was ready to mail it in and send the money to China, then he got cold feet and backed out. He still talks about that today, and how that was the biggest regret of his life. Even if he sold them for $75 at the time, he could've easily quadrupled his money in a matter of about 5 years.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    In the late 80's we would buy sks's for $69 a piece if you bought 5. We had a 55 gallon drum of diesel we would soak them in wood an all to get the bees wax cosmoline off of them. Norinco fixed stock sheet metal receiver Ak-47 for $189 or folders for $209. What still worries me to this day is all the ammo I had shipped to my parents house. I know they are on a watch list some where. Oh the good old days

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I bought a brand new Chinese SKS in a commercial box with sling, chest rig, complete cleaning kit and 200 rds of ammo back in '88 or '89 for $115 at a 1500 show. (Heavy sigh of nostalgia!)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I got a Norinco SKS years ago for $100. It was a pretty darn good gun. Shot it a bit, liked it, had no real use for it, sold it for $75.

Wonder what it would be worth today?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I got a Norinco SKS years ago for $100. It was a pretty darn good gun. Shot it a bit, liked it, had no real use for it, sold it for $75.

Wonder what it would be worth today?

I have a Norinco that was in cosmoline and is in perfect shape/numbers matching.
    I'm guessing it would go for $250 easy. :dunno:

My thoughts exactly! :popcorn:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I remember seeing them at Bradis for like $89.95..

Those were the days, they would have racks of them in that back room. This is one of them I got way back when...........
    picture.php

Top Bottom