• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I was at the 1500 yesterday and saw a good deal on a KAHR 9mm. I don't know anything about them, except that it felt good in my hand when I picked it up. I'm thinking that it would be a lot easier to carry than my full sized, double stack CZ-75. So, who owns one, and what are your experiences with them?

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I just recently got rid of my MK9. It was a great gun and shot great,i bought it years ago for a pocket gun but it was a little heavy for a pocket gun so i never carried it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Very good line of guns. I have the CW9 as my primary carry and am very happy with it. You can read plenty about them at the Kahr discussion site here.

Kahrs are generally very slim and light (at least the polymer ones). The company was born out of the assault weapons ban that limited guns to 10 rounds. Kahr decided to emphasize concealability and light weight over high capacity. They've expanded since then and produce 1911s, M1s and even own Thompson (as in Tommy guns) now.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Love my Kahr but..

I have had a Kahr MK-40 for eight months. Bought the full stainless steel model which was a mistake as it is so heavy in my IWB holster my pants sag on that side. I don't carry it as much as I used to because of that issue. It fires every time so I trust it completely and keep it in my bedroom just in case as my "go to" gun. Kahr are great guns and I'm glad I own it but am now carrying a much lighter gun. I chose 40S&W for all my CC due to improved stopping power over the 9mm.

If you want a light weight take every time gun go with something like the Ruger LCP. :twocents:

picture.php

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Have a Kahr PM9, like that it's light weight, concealable, had a few FTE within the first couple of hundred of rounds but no problems in the last thousand or so rounds. One of my 3 main carry guns and I'm guessing I carry it more than the other two. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
    Prices can vary so check around at the gun shops before buying one. :ingo:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have a CW 9 it is a great little gun light weight and easy to carry all day, hits where you point it, could not ask for a better carry piece.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I owned a CW-40 for a few years. Loved carrying it. Carried like a dream IWB; so light that I'd almost forget I was wearing it.

I had a freak incident with mine, though.

P7060007small.jpg

Pic shows a piece of the polymer frame; one of the "internal" non-load-bearing slide guide rails began to split off.

What it boils down to is that chances are quite high that the gun would've run A-OK and continued to be 100% reliable if I'd have decided to cut the piece off. I didn't, though, and Kahr replaced my frame for me. After that, I had lots of issues with magazines dropping out upon firing. They then replaced my magazine release.

After that 2nd trip back from Kahr, I made sure that it ran 100% for the next 200 rounds, and sold it to another INGO member with full disclosure.

Through this, I've come to the conclusion that Kahr's polymer frames just aren't up to snuff, so to speak, to handle lots of .40S&W.

In hindsight, I wish I'd have bought a CW-9.

So, if you're looking at a polymer framed Kahr, then I'd highly suggest you look at the CW-9. The P-9 is basically the same thing, but costs more. (engraving on the slide is different, actual dove-tailed, and therefore changeable sights, 2 magazines)

If you search the net for 15 more minutes, you'll certainly come across lots of complaints against Kahr. Looking closer, though, you'll find that the majority of those complaints were with the early production "micro" 9mm pistols - the PM-9. It seems now, though, that those issues have been resolved.

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I own or have owned several Kahrs over the years: K9 (wife's gun), P9, MK9, K40 and K40 Elite. All have been reliable, excellent shooters. I yearn desperately for a P380 after getting to shoot one belonging to a friend and fellow INGOer a few months ago, and would like to have a TP9 or T9 just for giggles.

I'm a fan. :)

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Owned by non other than The Moon family (rev. MOON)
    Do a quick search if you doubt me

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have been carrying a PM9 almost since it first came out. I have had zero issues with mine other than it is so light that sometimes I forget it is in my pocket and walk into a criminal protection zone still carrying it.

I followed the Kahr recommended break-in of 250 rounds before carrying, and have put almost 2000 through it since. It still is so tight that it almost takes two hands and a foot to chamber a round, but I would rather have tight tolerances than loose ones.

As for accuracy, for such a tiny pistol, I can keep it on paper at 25 yards, which is way further than it was intended for.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looking for a K9 for the Little Women

I own or have owned several Kahrs over the years: K9 (wife's gun), P9, MK9, K40 and K40 Elite. All have been reliable, excellent shooters. I yearn desperately for a P380 after getting to shoot one belonging to a friend and fellow INGOer a few months ago, and would like to have a TP9 or T9 just for giggles.

I'm a fan. :)

Hello shooter521,
    Just read the post on your site about your wife's K9. Thanks for the information. My wife (same name as yours) is also looking at SS K9 with Night sights.
    Also thanks to everyone else for their post and insight on the K9. Sounds like I need to find one before she changes her mind on this one!!:D

one more

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Owned by non other than The Moon family (rev. MOON)
    Do a quick search if you doubt me

I saw no Moonies when I purchased mine.

Still haven't seen any.

I have GLOCKs, and they say Gaston is a friend of ex-Nazis.

I loathe Nazis, my father went to war against them, but I buy a product, not an idealogy.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good Price for a K9?

Hello Everyone,
    Bruenor,
    I am keeping this in your thread since you already asked about Kahr's. Hope you do not think I am trying to High Jack your thread.:patriot:
    I did not make it to the 1500, wish I was there but, life. Anyway I have one K9 I am looking at and thinking of getting it for the wife. It is a new SS K9 with Night Sights for $700.00 is this a good Price?:spend: Hard to find K9s right know to compare price.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    One more

Top Bottom