• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I'm picking up a AK74 tomorrow... got this stuff today... I just love the big brown truck. And when the doorbell rings!

:delivery:

i6m32g.jpg

The flash brings out all the little scuffs on the mags; but, to be honest for 'used' Bulgarian mil mags, I think they are in BETTER shape than the aluminum USGI mags coming back in crates. The followers and lips show less wear and scuffs than the mag bodies.

P1070049.jpg

P1070055.jpg

P1070053.jpg

P1070051.jpg

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    All that stuff from AIM? You need to bust out some better pics of those mags; I've been wanting to see how beat up they are before I order a bunch (more) for myself.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I got that on Friday......RRRRRRRRRRR.

But they were GREAT when I called to see if the drive could make sure not to come during certain times on the follow up delivery. He listened to my request and I got it no problem on Monday.

+1 for big brown.

I live close to a hub so If I get one of those I call the UPS line and
    see if they can hold the package at the hub.
    They usually can and I go and pick it up there if I can't wait to get my mitts on it. :twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'll take a couple more.

Thanks! Do your mags have mold numbers on the bottom left, or arsenal markings on the bottom right? (see below) Can't tell from the pics; a couple of them look like they've been removed or painted over. Reason I ask is that a batch of "Bulgarian" mags came through recently that were actually sanitized Russian plum mags that had been painted black; I'd just like to determine what these really are.

Mold number:
    bulgy_moldno.jpg

Arsenal mark:
    bulgy_10_mark.jpg

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Thanks! Do your mags have mold numbers on the bottom left, or arsenal markings on the bottom right? (see below) Can't tell from the pics; a couple of them look like they've been removed or painted over. Reason I ask is that a batch of "Bulgarian" mags came through recently that were actually sanitized Russian plum mags that had been painted black; I'd just like to determine what these really are.

Mold number:
    bulgy_moldno.jpg

Arsenal mark:
    bulgy_10_mark.jpg

They might be of Russian origin then. I checked out your web page and I didn't see any of the mag types on your page that matches what are on them.
    2 of the mags have 2 'Y's on them, what may be a weak stamp of the '1 - 1'...?

The other 2 mags just have very very light indentations about the same width apart as the molded number mags.

Perhaps these have been sanded down and repainted?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    2 of the mags have 2 'Y's on them, what may be a weak stamp of the '1 - 1'...?

The other 2 mags just have very very light indentations about the same width apart as the molded number mags.

Perhaps these have been sanded down and repainted?

Sounds like they may in fact be Bulgarian, but were channeled through some other country (thus "sanitized" of markings) at some point in time. Interesting. At $9.95ea I'm sure they'll make fine shooter/beater mags.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Sounds like they may in fact be Bulgarian, but were channeled through some other country (thus "sanitized" of markings) at some point in time. Interesting. At $9.95ea I'm sure they'll make fine shooter/beater mags.

I'll take pics of the bases for you, perhaps they would be good additions to your site. And, perhaps you'll be able to actually name/label them as well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I take it you got your washing machine fixed / replaced? Or whatever it was that broke on you a few months ago? :D

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've recieved visits from the big brown truck 3 times in 7 days! :rockwoot:

Last Tuesday: Various reloading items from Midway (crazy fast shipping as usual).
    Last Friday: Some ammo from AIM (also fast shipping)
    Tonight: Some ammo from J&G on the second attempt (needed adult signature, slower shipping than stuff ordered the same day as from AIM)

BTW, a big +1 to my local UPS guy.:yesway: He's literally delivered tons of stuff to my house in the last 5 or 6 years.
    • Several orders for car restoration parts, including several oversized and heavy packages. One load probably had close to 600lbs of stuff.
    • Countless heavy boxes of lead and brass :D
    • Bunches of gun goodies including 2 complete AR uppers
    Always pleasent to talk with, and always brings my stuff to me safe and sound. Today he was polite as ever as he was getting pelted by blowing snow and ICE. I've gotten to know him over the years, and almost feel like I should offer him a bottle of water on the hot summer days, or a hot cup of coffee on days like these.

Here's to the big brown truck of happiness and the guys that deliver the goods! Talk about Santa Claus and his sleigh for us grown ups!! :rockwoot::delivery:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I love the 'Brown Truck-O-Happiness'!!

I'm expecting a delivery today! Some ammo. The UPS driver, Chuck, may have some difficulty getting up the drive though. It's plowed, but still snow covered.

Top Bottom