• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    My GF's internet went down in Champaign.. than mine went out.. turns out they switched DNS servers. We both had to manually change servers... who else?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    my sister said hers is out. which is funny because it works just fine for me and we share the same connection. think its the operator on her end.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Daughter in Chicago lost her service about an hour ago. Seems like a system problem. Isn't technology wonderful?

Imagine if an enemy decided to start interfering with other communication systems other than the internet????

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Yeah the Comcast DNS servers in a few areas (Chicago/Michigan) took a dump. If you use manual entry DNS entries, you probably never saw anything. If you have everything set to "auto" then you were probably without web browsing capability for a few hours.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ours went out last night. Took me a while to get it back up and running this morning. Had to reset the router and modem. Not sure that did anything, as I did it last night with no results. Finally, just started up this morning about 7. Stupid Comcast.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Ours went out last night. Took me a while to get it back up and running this morning. Had to reset the router and modem. Not sure that did anything, as I did it last night with no results. Finally, just started up this morning about 7. Stupid [strike]Comcast.[/strike] Hacker wannabe's.

FIFY - DDOS attacks on DNS servers only suck for those who don't know how or why to avoid them.

It made the news out of Chicago. Despite what they said, mine was still out this morning. Wonder if they'll credit my account for the hours it was out? Yeah, a guy can dream.

Comcast Internet service restored to Chicago area - Chicago Breaking News

Yeah, your Internet wasn't down, the server(s) that resolves Domain names to IP's addresses was.

Once again the media gets it wrong.

Bill Gerth (comcastcares) on Twitter has a few updates, states that it's a DNS issue.

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    mine went out too, at least on my wife's computer. Mine was set up a long time ago with OpenDNS servers, so no problems there.

No way in hell I'm using Google's servers.

Top Bottom