Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

• Total voters

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Which people are the biggest problem? The ones that like to point fingers and not take personal responsibility or accountability.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Both? Neither? I don't think the "problem" is based on income. Lots of "poor" people are really good folk. They work and get by on their own. Same for "rich" people, who earned their fortunes and likely give a lot back to their communities.

I think the "problem" is caused by those that have no personal accountability, and those that let them get away with it. Too many people think they are "owed", and too many others think it is US that should pay.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That is like asking who's responsible for a gun related crime, the manufacturer of the gun or the ammo

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    YOU asked the question. In order to answer it, I need to know what YOU meant. I've heard rich and poor thrown about in many contexts. It's your question, you define it, I'll answer it.

Maybe this thread is too difficult for you.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The rich or the poor?

You are asking a question that you have not offered up a correct answer for. You have written the question and the answer. Rich or poor is often a choice, and if you make that choice that does not make you wrong or right. Without one, it would be hard for another to be. To be rich or poor it's a perspective, and one needs the other for contrast. That being said I blame anyone of apathy. Anyone that believes there is no hope, so no point in trying, and anyone who blames others for the state of the life they live. We ARE a product (more often then not) of our actions. If you have a want/desire to be rich you could be, or if you want to be a modest farmer making enough to get by you could be. It's all about desire and work... Once you become apathetic and blame others you only cause issues, and further the decline of our country.

Thanks,
    Matthew

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Maybe you're displaying moral cowardice because you don't know what you're talking about, so you throw out some terms that have different meanings to different people and now you can't even define your own question.

Man up and tell me what you mean by rich and poor. It matters if you want a real answer to your question. You asked it, I asked you to define your terms, now you're avoiding and getting personal.

Have some guts.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    When they're working on behalf of the rich or the poor?

How about just "when they're working." Any representation based on such a dichotomy of the people is a contributing factor. Freedom doesn't see income levels or tax brackets. And choices made with those dichotomies in mind will **** one side or the other. The consequences will depend on which side gets ****ed the worse.

On the contrary, he's smart enough not to get sucked into your false dichotomy solution.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    On the contrary, he's smart enough not to get sucked into your false dichotomy solution.

No, I think he just has problems making decisions, or has a tendency to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Also, there is no false dichotomy.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    No, I think he just has problems making decisions, or has a tendency to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Also, there is no false dichotomy.

Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about. One of the signs of paranoia is when someone asks you a neutral question and you get defensive and think it's contrary.

The false dichotomy in your question would be obvious to my four year old daughter. I chose to ignore the silliness of it and I was actually going to give you a real answer. I just wanted to know what you meant by rich or poor. Instead, you run and hide behind personal comments.

Don't feel bad, lots of people argue without having a clue what they're talking about. They just don't get anyone's respect.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about. One of the signs of paranoia is when someone asks you a neutral question and you get defensive and think it's contrary.

The false dichotomy in your question would be obvious to my four year old daughter. I chose to ignore the silliness of it and I was actually going to give you a real answer. I just wanted to know what you meant by rich or poor. Instead, you run and hide behind personal comments.

Don't feel bad, lots of people argue without having a clue what they're talking about. They just don't get anyone's respect.

Well said (as it often is).

Thanks,
    Matthew Miller

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The answer to the question is NEITHER are to blame as an independent class by virtue of the fact that they are poor or rich per se.

Poor and Rich are relative. Poor in America would be Rich in Ghana.

Also where the line is drawn matters. Obama and many on the left would consider me rich. Most would consider me middle class.

Causing problems in America as a society is unrelated to the amount of money one has.

By virtue of the way you ask the question I'm inclined to wonder if you are buying into the false notion of class warfare/envy.

And it IS a false dichotomy - as dross has pointed out I see...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom