Who is Actually Running the Executive Branch?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I almost posted this in the debate thread but then thought it should be it's own thread.

Serious question: who is actually running the Executive Branch of our government?

According to Article II of the US Constitution the President heads up the Executive Branch. Lets go through the line of succession.

President: after Thursday there is no doubt Dementia Joe can't find his way off of a stage (OK we knew that before Thursday) much less be the Commander in Chief.

Vice-President: Kamala Harris is incompetent and has never done anything in her life to be able to take over as POTUS. Border Czar... nuff said.

We'll skip the Speaker and Senate President Pro Tempore (Patty Murray, that is a terrifying thought.)

Secretary of State: Antony Blinken is a behind the scenes weasel at best. Career diplomat and the offspring of career diplomats. Got the job since he got the 51 ex-Intel officials to help suppress the Hunter Biden laptop story.

Secretary of Treasury: Janet Yellen? Are you effing ****ing me? She ain't running anything.

Secretary of Defense: Lloyd Austin. I doubt he is running the DoD let alone the Executive Branch from behind the scenes. He makes Mitch McConnell look high speed/low drag. Dude went peace out for how many days and nobody knew about it? He is SECDEF and a retired 4-star, come on, man!

Attorney General: Now Merrick Garland has the qualities of a combination (yes I'm mixing Godfather II and Star Wars references) Hyman Roth/Emperor Palpatine. This guy is pure inside the beltway evil and a disgruntled SCOTUS Justice nominee who never got a hearing. The ends always justify the means with this guy and he is as smarmy as the day is long. He is the hatchet man who never gets his hands dirty. But I don't think it's him actually running things.

Skip a few, Secretary of Energy or Transportation? Jennifer Granholm couldn't run anything unless it's to run it into the ground. Mayor Pete? Please, he is a failure at all levels and got this gig because he checked a lot of boxes and dropped out of the 2020 race at the right time.

DHS: Mayorkas? I'd pick the 5 year old next door who eats mud to run DHS over him. He ain't running anything at DHS except a mass exodus of Border Patrol and a mass influx of unvetted illegals into this country. He ain't running nothing behind the scenes.

Again, serious question: who is really running the Executive Branch??

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I almost posted this in the debate thread but then thought it should be it's own thread.

Serious question: who is actually running the Executive Branch of our government?

According to Article II of the US Constitution the President heads up the Executive Branch. Lets go through the line of succession.

President: after Thursday there is no doubt Dementia Joe can't find his way off of a stage (OK we knew that before Thursday) much less be the Commander in Chief.

Vice-President: Kamala Harris is incompetent and has never done anything in her life to be able to take over as POTUS. Border Czar... nuff said.

We'll skip the Speaker and Senate President Pro Tempore (Patty Murray, that is a terrifying thought.)

Secretary of State: Antony Blinken is a behind the scenes weasel at best. Career diplomat and the offspring of career diplomats. Got the job since he got the 51 ex-Intel officials to help suppress the Hunter Biden laptop story.

Secretary of Treasury: Janet Yellen? Are you effing ****ing me? She ain't running anything.

Secretary of Defense: Lloyd Austin. I doubt he is running the DoD let alone the Executive Branch from behind the scenes. He makes Mitch McConnell look high speed/low drag. Dude went peace out for how many days and nobody knew about it? He is SECDEF and a retired 4-star, come on, man!

Attorney General: Now Merrick Garland has the qualities of a combination (yes I'm mixing Godfather II and Star Wars references) Hyman Roth/Emperor Palpatine. This guy is pure inside the beltway evil and a disgruntled SCOTUS Justice nominee who never got a hearing. The ends always justify the means with this guy and he is as smarmy as the day is long. He is the hatchet man who never gets his hands dirty. But I don't think it's him actually running things.

Skip a few, Secretary of Energy or Transportation? Jennifer Granholm couldn't run anything unless it's to run it into the ground. Mayor Pete? Please, he is a failure at all levels and got this gig because he checked a lot of boxes and dropped out of the 2020 race at the right time.

DHS: Mayorkas? I'd pick the 5 year old next door who eats mud to run DHS over him. He ain't running anything at DHS except a mass exodus of Border Patrol and a mass influx of unvetted illegals into this country. He ain't running nothing behind the scenes.

Obama with direct input from hand picked lifers in the 3 letter agencies And teet suckers that are trying to impress by working in the WH.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    My initial thought was - Obama. But Obama only has one real talent, and that is self-promotion. I don't think he has the intelligence/ability to be the "mastermind" behind anything.

What we are looking at is a cabal of various people pursuing their own individual agendas. There is a certain amount of cooperation, but there is no "guiding hand" coordinating everything. Basically, it is chaos, and is working about as well as you would expect.

I understand people who see an elaborate conspiracy, but this is more like the 3 stooges times 100 running things.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John

Are you asking who is currently running the Executive branch or what are the qualifications of those in the line of succession to the presidency? Why would you assume that anyone in the line of succession is at the present time running the whole executive branch?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are you asking who is currently running the Executive branch or what are the qualifications of those in the line of succession to the presidency? Why would you assume that anyone in the line of succession is at the present time running the whole executive branch?
    I think it's pretty clear that it's not Biden.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    It's some combination of all of the above. The chain of command includes the ideas people (staffers), the administrators that put the plan in action (deep state bureaucrats), the people running cover (the media, Axelrod types, Carville types) and the fixers (Soros types, Big Money, Big Donors) and enforcers ("do it or else...", Obama types).

Big Tech, of course, has the capabilities of running cover, fixing and enforcing.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I think it's pretty clear that it's not Biden.
    And never has been. To me it has been clear since the entire Democratic field stepped away to keep Bernie from taking the prize. Biden was just the face from then on.
    I hope I live long enough to read the books on what was really going on. Democrats have an amazing ability to keep all their minions in line with their mouths shut. Republicans would have leaked all the details about who was running things years ago

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are you asking who is currently running the Executive branch or what are the qualifications of those in the line of succession to the presidency?
    Yes
    Why would you assume that anyone in the line of succession is at the present time running the whole executive branch?
    Why not? Seemed like a logical place to start as any.

Indiana Gun Owners is a discussion forum. I started a thread to initiate discussion because it was something I was thinking about.

With that said, if you have a different view on the issue, type it out and hit the reply button. If you want to go in a different direction, start another thread.

This ain't rocket surgery, it's just randos on the Interwebz discussing things.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Well I honestly believe the person or group that is running the branch isn't directly tied to the White house, but is running it thru a web of puppet masters controlling other puppet masters and so on and so on. I even believe the big tech, Soros, ETC are being controlled. They are simple a face for a boogie man that we are not aware of. Some would call it the new world order, because it isn't only happening in this country but a lot of others as well. I call it international communists. So in simple terms, its a lot bigger and more complex than we can imagine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    My best guess would be a group or consortium of present and former officials. I just can't see one (single) individual giving the directives. Certainly some individuals carry more clout than others, but I think it's more likely than not that a group of people are collectively steering the ship.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can just read the blue bits for the overall tone of my reply if you don't want to wade through the lengthy girthy version.

Running in what sense? You've been involved in both the military and the VA, you know how large organizations work. You know that the guy at the tippy top is never running anything at all. He's just nudging the direction of the organization at best, being a mascot and figurehead at worst. Yeah, he can (maybe) make a policy and (maybe) divert some beans from this pile to that pile (f the people who control those beans let him), and those things matter, but it's not running anything. The E-4 mafia through senior NCOs are running it (or their equivalent in whatever organization under discussion). Same in the private sector. There's a myriad of people running individual sections and individual jobs, nobody is running the whole thing. Nobody even knows what the whole thing is doing. If you doubt that: Tell me the CEO of Ford knows what's going on at a given plant on a given shift or knows the budget for a given marking campaign, let alone is 'running' any of those things. Span of control from that level doesn't allow it.

Now, as far as who's doing the POTUS role of shaking babies, kissing hands, fund raising, pushing out high level policy, I figure the same as Manifest Destiny. A group of advisors, officials, etc. Same as always. Just with much less useful input from the supposed leader. That's why I tend to laugh at the notion of how powerful people seem to think POTUS is, how much influence on their daily lives they think he wields. He's not a king, he's the *leader* of the free world (ideally), not the *ruler*. Don't get me wrong, he wields significant influence and power, but the whole thing doesn't collapse when he's a moron exactly for the same reasons the military doesn't. American culture allows for subordinates to make decisions and implement them, and we are who we are thanks to treading the line of individual autonomy within the overall guidelines of an organization, be it Ford or the US Army or the entire Executive Branch.

Top Bottom