• ...and so much more!
  • Edged Tools

Your EDC Knife Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Where are all the Mora fans? What do you use/carry, how do you use it, and which is your favorite?

We have some various colored Morakniv basic 511 coming in

:popcorn:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    A couple of years ago, I broke the tip off of my kitchen paring knife, so I sent it back to Farber for a replacement. While waiting for it to arrive, I started using my Mora Companion as my kitchen paring knife, When the replacement arrived 3 weeks later, I gave it to my daughter-in-law and kept the Mora in the the kitchen instead. Absolutely love it! Had to buy another Mora to put in my truck bag. Best $20 I ever spent.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I have so many of the basic model. They’re premium beater knives and fit my hand well. Got like two in every backpack, tackle box, glove box, etc. Most were acquired on Amazon sales when they’re <$15 or so, a good value imo

but many are abused, chipped, rusty, etc and do need replaced soon

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Where are all the Mora fans? What do you use/carry, how do you use it, and which is your favorite?

We have some various colored Morakniv basic 511 coming in

:popcorn:
    I'm not familiar with them. Can you give a short to the point review on what they are , how good they are etc?
    I've never been into knives a whole lot other than for work, or hunting use.
    I just recently bought what I call an edc self-defense knife. Basically a 4" fixed blade. With vertical or horizontal carry abilities.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Have several of the basic model. Keep one in the mess kit for trimming and one in the tackle box.

Agreed with kitchen usage. Excellent knives to teach kids proper techniques as well

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Great economical blades. Easy to have one dedicated to each vehicle for just in case. Similarly, to gift to someone else in need. Replaceable in a couple of days.

wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I keep a 511 in my hunting/camping bag. Has a ton of uses, from field dressing to splitting small branches for kindling when starting a fire. It's easy to sharpen and stays fairly sharp. It's a great tool at a low cost -so not if but when I lay it down and forget it, replacing if won't break the bank.

I also have a basic #1 that I keep in the kitchen. I love using it to peel a potato or apple. Just feels great in the hand and I like to imagine I'm some Swedish frontiersman.......

I've been lucky so far and had mine for years.

Sorry no pics, I wrote this from work.

Edged Tools

Your EDC Knife Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    I'm not familiar with them. Can you give a short to the point review on what they are , how good they are etc?
    I've never been into knives a whole lot other than for work, or hunting use.
    I just recently bought what I call an edc self-defense knife. Basically a 4" fixed blade. With vertical or horizontal carry abilities.
    They basically make very affordable, durable fixed blades for a slew of applications.

Most come in either Carbon or stainless steel. Anywhere from the basic series (see link above) to specialty fishing, wood carving, or even kitchen/food knives.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I bought one for my son a few years ago as one of his Christmas gifts. He carries it anytime we're out in the wood working or hiking. He's used it. I'd say the steel isn't junk. It holds a decent edge. Not great but not terrible. But I will say this, about 4 licks on my ceramic sticks and the blade will shave hair off the arm

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Mora Companion Carbon. My backpacking/camping knife. Been to a dozen or so states and seen lots of dirt time.

View attachment 359559
    Great knife! I own one exactly same and no issues. Mostly used as a bushcraft carver, or preppers knife. Also own a #2 with wooden handle. Sanded off red finish and painted handle Glow Orange, and found a leather sheath fit to perfect carry as a neck knife. Either one was under $30 and flawless.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Great knife! I own one exactly same and no issues. Mostly used as a bushcraft carver, or preppers knife. Also own a #2 with wooden handle. Sanded off red finish and painted handle Glow Orange, and found a leather sheath fit to perfect carry as a neck knife. Either one was under $30 and flawless.
    Yep. My Mora is my woods knife - backpacking, camping, bushcrafting, etc. I think I’ve only touched the edge up 2-3 times on a pocket ceramic sharpener in my pack and the edge isn’t that far off from factory. Plenty of whittling, light batoning, fire prep and it’s been a champ. Carbon blade throws a decent spark too. Definitely a recommended knife for a person just getting into field knives.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    A few years ago Iraqveteran88 from youtube offered up monthly "man cans" you could buy that was full of goodies. I bought several of them and acquired some nice knives in the process. One of which being a Morakniv. It resides in my backpack and has skinned/field dressed a few deer in its day. Simple and sharp. Nothing too fancy and gets the job done.

Top Bottom