Who here has or have used an off brand FF quad rail?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'd like to try one out for this budget AR I have. I have a few AR's with YHM Quad's, and DD quads, but I've never used a cheap-o, off brand. Any one here ever use one or have one installed now? Is there any specific "off brand" you'd recommend? For what I understand, quality will definitely lack in terms of paint, and type of metal, but that isn't important in this budget build. Its going to be thrown all over the place anyways, and get ugly.

Anyone with one of these have any issues with install/fitment?

Pughead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure just how off brand you want to go but I wouldn't be scared to try a UTG float rail. Seems like everything they make is a pretty good bang for the buck. I had a UTG drop in rail that was great and currently have a UTG buffer kit that is great.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I've used several of the UTGs on economy builds and they have performed just fine. I recall one having the top rail about .015" lower than the upper receiver rail, but that didn't affect anything on that particular rifle's optic setup.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I've used several of the UTGs on economy builds and they have performed just fine. I recall one having the top rail about .015" lower than the upper receiver rail, but that didn't affect anything on that particular rifle's optic setup.

Thinking I may do a UTG, the top rail bring lower on your specific setup does concern me however. I like to use buis instead if optics from time to time, and that would be very irritating if the rails were in sync haha.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I have an ATI 15" free float tube on mine. Not exactly a quad rail but you can add rail sections to it anywhere up and down the tube and at 45° increments. Was around $80 with barrel nut. Rail sections are extra.

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    So $300+ later...
    I've ordered the AT3 12.5" T-series rail (has excellent reviews everywhere I've looked, including the picky AR15.com), magpul AFG, AT3 low pro gas block, troy flippy irons, end cap, and some knights armament rail covers.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Which length did he go with? I've eyeballed a few of those today, I really like the value. Do you happen to have any pics available of the finished build?
    He had a carbine and wanted the rifle length on there. I can get pics this weekend and post. The fit and finish of their rails really is worth every penny and then some. I think you will be very pleased when your package arrives and you get it installed. My next build will have the AT3 FF Quad Rail on it.

Top Bottom