• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Looking at getting a long eye relief 3x primary arms magnifier w/ QD, with the good holidays deal Primart Arms is offering. Just looking for a personal review.
    I'll be pairing it with my Aimpoint Comp M2 w/ Wilcox mount.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    i had a couple units of theirs in the past
    they weren't the long eye relief models but they seemed really nice for the price.
    make sure that you get the one with adjustments so you can center the dot in the magnifier
    one of the models that i got (couple years back) did not have that, and i spent and hour or more shimming it until i got it relatively close.....then i mounted the "deluxe" one that had the adjustments....2 minutes later i was set
    enjoy!

wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I have one I got a couple of years ago for my son's M&P 15-22. It works OK, we got it as part of a package deal they were running with a red dot. We used it a few times, it did help on those "long-range" .22 shots he was trying to take :rolleyes:.

I've not mounted it on the 5.56, but I think it would work fine. The glass isn't perfect but for the price it worked OK. We have it on a quick mount so it's easy on and off. If you're looking at budget glass it works fine. Good luck!!
    wildcatfan.62

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I'm bumping this to the top to see if anyone else can chime in.

I'm interested in looking for a magnifier for my AR, and the Primary Arms seems appealing due to the price point. I have a Vortex Strikefire, and I am curious if the Primary Arms will work just as well as the Vortex VMX that Primary Arms sells.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Seems like decent reviews. See my issue is... trying to figure out if it will mount up to my Wilcox Mount. The Mount is a Wilcox 13600G01, specifically made for Aimpoints. I can't seem to find any matchups with magnifiers and or other mounts though.

Another issue I have is... well I have a $600 aimpoint, and even though this manifier won't be on the rifle when its carried as a "patrol rifle" for the PD, I still have some what of a guilty conscious pairing a $100 piece of glass with one of the best red dots in the world lol!
    They say buy once, cry once... I've done my crying! And enough of it! This will just be for the range and varmint destroying. Hopefully someone can chime in on my mount issue. I emailed Primary, but they haven't gotten back yet.

Top Bottom