• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I don't really consider it a panic buy - I ordered a Mossberg 590, had been planning to do so for a while as my Christmas present to myself. The freak-out just made the process more annoying and my choices more limited. I'm sure the holidays factored in, too.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I haven't even stepped into any guns stores around here. I have been to a Meijer store, but didn't buy any ammo.

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I purchased my Shield but that was planned before the mad dash began... If an AR came my way and I had the extra cash I would not pass it up, but I've wanted one for a while..

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'm not in any panic mode but I noticed Midway has some 10 round AR mags on sale. I will probably pick up a few to use at Appleseed. Or buy a conversion kit. Or a SW MP 15-22. Decisions, decisions....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can not defend myself against the US Military, the State Police and the Local Police when they turn on us so why try? To live a day or two longer? Nope. If I can't do it with what I have, then I can't do it.

I hope to see most of you in Valhalla.

Not sure what this even has to do with the thread.

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    NO panic buying for me unless you count the fact that I went to my LGS to see what they had in stock on the 31st (last day of 2012). Unless the LGS was trimming down his inventory for year-end that place was bare. I only noticed shotguns and revolvers. He had some semi-auto handguns but not much.

AK47 75 round drum for $100 and high capacity Glock magazines (33 rounders) but I didn't see the price on these. I did pick up two steel AK47 magazines for $25 each OTD. I bought them for my two Romanian Dracos that I only had one 30 round magazine for so I did a small panic buy purchase....I guess

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [B said:
    actaeon277[/B];3665590]Not sure what this even has to do with the thread.

The OP asked who has not done any panic buyng. I did not, and since I did no panic buying, I gave my reason for not doing so.

griffen: I hope you are right. I'll be there with you my Brother with the good old American try.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You be the judge:

I bought 1-17 round mag for my M&P 9c, at a "pre-panic" price. So, I bought something that I was going to eventually buy anyway at a decent price, but the timing of my by was somewhat related to all the ban talk and knowing what was banned last time. Is that a panic buy or not?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    You be the judge:

I bought 1-17 round mag for my M&P 9c, at a "pre-panic" price. So, I bought something that I was going to eventually buy anyway at a decent price, but the timing of my by was somewhat related to all the ban talk and knowing what was banned last time. Is that a panic buy or not?

One, not really. Now if you had bought 30!:D

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Now you can't even get charging handles, plain vanilla ones, at Midway. :xmad:

I hate panic buyers, and I refuse to buy any AR parts from a private seller (over MSRP), even if I have to wait 6 months to finish my build. :xmad:

I hope they all choke on their speculating.:twocents:

Figuratively speaking...;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom