• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    465 and brookville rd were clear enough at 4am for a Toyota Camry. I'd imagine that by now you should be fine since you have 4wd

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    465 and brookville rd were clear enough at 4am for a Toyota Camry. I'd imagine that by now you should be fine since you have 4wd

I found I65 on south side and I465 to be ridiculous at 5am. The left 2 lanes were clear, but all ramps on/off had not been cleared and you had to find the best spot to cross to get on/off as there was a huge pile of snow. Saw 2 cars trying to get over and got stuck. They'd have to be fine now.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've been out on the east side of Indy working since 0530. Most roads have been plowed, however, salt is useless at these temps so the road surface is clunky and EXTREMELY slick. We were in a 4x4 with off-road tires and made little difference when it came to the road surface. Hell, we passed one of our HUGE plow trucks in the ditch. People sliding off the road left and right. Unless you really need to go, stay home. You might be a great driver, but the idiot next to you is likely not.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    They were as advertised. I can say I have driven on much worse. We had to go, but now the dog has his meds and is in much better spirits. There isnt a damn thing I wouldnt do for Ruger.

Stay safe everyone.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    If you have a capable 4x4, it's no problem...just a little bumpy. My XJ had no problem driving in the worst of it, yesterday, last night or today. Didn't even have to go 4low, just 4 high the whole time.

Pin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Roads are easy. I drove from 96th to southport road 3 times lately. Just gotta watch from RWD trucks as two almost lost control in front if me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just drove through greenwood and new whiteland. Roads have a thin sheet to 0.5" of ice/snow pack with no road visible except the scattered yellow line. I felt fine doing 35 on whiteland rd but you need extra stopping distance. Johnson county/greenwood did a great job.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I didnt think it was all that awful. But work was cancelled for the second day in a row. I still have to drive across town to look at a house but oh well.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I found I65 on south side and I465 to be ridiculous at 5am. The left 2 lanes were clear, but all ramps on/off had not been cleared and you had to find the best spot to cross to get on/off as there was a huge pile of snow. Saw 2 cars trying to get over and got stuck. They'd have to be fine now.

You too? I was all over the place while doing 35 mph all the way to Franklin. It sucked.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I had no problem leaving the neighborhood and going to the gas station earlier in my little Honda Civic. IMO, most people that freak out about road conditions are bad drivers to begin with. Drive at moderate speeds with minimal braking...easy enough.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I went out at 7:30 to go to the office from Wanamaker to mount comfort and it was snow packed but drive carefully and no problems. Normal 30 minute drive took 45. Coming home was about the same.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Just went to the Fishers Texas Roadhouse from home, typical 10-15 minute trip took about 20-25 minutes. Roads were plowed but a lot of packed down snow/ice, traveled no faster than 25mph. Very few cars on the road.

Top Bottom