• jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Buckmark 5.5 Field, Ruger Mk II Competition, S&W 22A and then there's this:
    IMGP1604.jpg

gotta have at least one Eastern Block item in every group.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Beretta Neos isn't too bad, either. Looks a little space-agey, but I like the way mine shoots... My ten year old enjoys it, while I use the bigger stuff as well....

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have a High Standard Double-Nine that I got 30 years ago and was my favorite shooter till I picked up a Ruger MkI. It shoots right on the money and feels great in the hand.

I used to have a Beretta 21a that was well made and a very good shooter but I didn’t need it as much as I wanted a Ruger SBH .44 mag so I made the trade.

Bucky

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have had many .22 handguns over the years, and I have always liked Hi-standard autos. I have a Supermatic Citation, a Supermatic Trophy, and a Victor. I want to ge a HD military next. I also have a Colt .22 (Cadet), which I shoot all the time. It's a nice pistol, and fun to shoot, and goes with me in the woods a lot.

Dave

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    They are fun aren't they. I've shot several of the Rugers, a Browning Challenger, an older revolver (forget the make) and an old Bersa #622. Had a great time with them all.

paulgl26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    MOKENA
    i had to get the second p22 because the kids where fighting over it at the range(the little one just turned 6 and the girl is 10) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jD7D84wq-E"]YouTube - Abby at range with p-22[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyxPo--Ds_0[/ame]

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Wow Paul, both of those kids look pretty mean with that p22! As for the Mosquito question, I had one for a few months. It was my first Sig. Let's just say I now have the Signess. It's an incurable disease. And it grows and grows. I sold off my skeeter on GB a few weeks ago to pay for the centerfire kit for my 229. And although I miss the skeeter a little, I really love the 229 with a .22 barrel and slide and now a .40 barrel and slide, and all I need to do to switch to .357 is buy the barrel, and Barsto makes a 9mm barrel for the .40 slide so all I need for that is the barrel and a mag. (Or 7). And.... If you just so happen to be lucky enough to have an older German made 226, ;) the mags fit a 229, just stick out a little. Four calibers on one platform. Sweet.
    Anyhoo. The 229 with the .22 setup on shoots great, and isn't a whole lot more than the skeeter. I recommend it.
    .PS Just found a few weeks ago an old Ruger standard pistol that a very old man gave to Dad to pass to me. I thought I'd lost it four years ago, and have been kicking myself ever since. It was in Dad's gun cabinet. Whooo! Of course, now I'd like to beat Dad with a stick, because every time I mentioned it, he'd say that last he knew, I had it. Then I'd go home and tear the house apart AGAIN looking for it. I'd hate to think he was just messing with me!

paulgl26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    MOKENA
    in the video it was the first time with a handgun for both,2 weeks after that i had to get another p22 (don't get me wrong i enjoy shooting the little 22,cheap too i just got 6 more boxes from walmart today for 15$/550 rounds that is a couple of weekends of fun for the kids)

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Had a Ruger MKII in the 80's - sold it. I still regret that. Now I have a P22 and have a lot of fun with it on my walks thru the woods. I'll have a more accurate one for hunting squirrels come next year.

alhersch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    I've had a few of them myself, the most hated was the P22! No accuracy compared to most pistols, but now I find myself wanting one again for the ease of carry. LOL

The only one I currently have is my S&W 622 w/ 6" barrel, as well as my dad's 622 w/ 6" barrel. Would like to someday have a buckmark and ruger to play with though.

Al

cherokeewoody

Plinker
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    May 28, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I would have to say the best shooting and most accurate 22 pistol is my Grandfathers 22 Ruger. It looks like a German Luger with the top action. It has to be the funnest pistol I ever shot!

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NEF Ultra 6" bull barrel 9-shot
    S&W 441

My favorites are my 2 1974 Browning Challengers. The last year of the Belgian built Challengers. Both are 4.5" barrels and are tack drivers.:rockwoot:

On a side note, has anyone seen 6.75" Challenger I barrels for sale anywhere?

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    LLDJR

If your son wants a SIG Mosquito, he has good taste. I have the threaded barrel version for a suppressor and it really looks good with my Gemtech suppressor. Shoots great. A nice firearm. :yesway:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've always loved .22 pistols. Not sure how it is I only have one right at the moment. Gotta fix that!

Still, the one is a pretty neat little gun, a Ruger Bearcat

RugerBearcat001.jpg

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    .22lr pistols. Whats not to love?

Every time I go to the range I take at least one 22 handgun. Affordable,hardly any recoil, very accurate. I have a Ruger Bearcat, 22-45, and a S&W 617, the 6 shot version, so I have a 22 for every type of handgun (SA,DA auto) :draw: The Smith's trigger is magnificent! After I fire the 6 rds., I just HAVE to snap the empty cases at the target again. Right,Jack?:rockwoot:

Top Bottom