• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Dumb girl question; the tasers with the barbs, once you shoot them, what has to be done to enable you to fire the weapon again?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Dumb girl question; the tasers with the barbs, once you shoot them, what has to be done to enable you to fire the weapon again?

You just remove the spent cartdrige and place a new one, in less than a second with enough training you can fire again.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0154323e5b55970c-640wi

You can see on this model has a plastic thingy on the grip where you can store a new cartdrige.You take it from there and put it on the front of the Taser.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This is as close as it comes as of right now.
    taser-x3-ecd_4.png

You get 3 shots with this one.

:nono:

There is more than just 3 shots.

The Taser shockwave. :nailbite:

shockwave.jpg

You can trigger 18 Taser shots at the same time, even more if you have more units.

What's worse than being shot with a Taser?
    Being shot with 54 Tasers at once. :n00b:

medium_766180438_ad45657d52_o.jpg

The police can even use it from the inside of their patrol car and Tase a group of people standing in front of it.

taser-shockwave-2.jpg

taser-location-swat134.jpg

It's actually scary what the police can do with those, it actually says "this way to enemy" on it (pause video bellow at 0:24) just like on a military claymore ... but on something meant to be used by the police to control civilians and citizens during crowd control. :n00b: :scratch:

Claymore2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQanY8SxCfE

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    You just remove the spent cartdrige and place a new one, in less than a second with enough training you can fire again.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0154323e5b55970c-640wi

You can see on this model has a plastic thingy on the grip where you can store a new cartdrige.You take it from there and put it on the front of the Taser.

Actually if the wires are not broke you can give them another ride and another without changing the cartridges. You can take the head off and use it as a "dry stun" or just centrally located. The recovery time on this is pretty quick and some are trained to roll ASAP to break the wire leads. Worse 5 seconds of my life.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Actually if the wires are not broke you can give them another ride and another without changing the cartridges. You can take the head off and use it as a "dry stun" or just centrally located. The recovery time on this is pretty quick and some are trained to roll ASAP to break the wire leads. Worse 5 seconds of my life.

How many 5 seconds bursts can you give with the wires still on the suspect with the X26?
    I heard you cant give more that two 5 seconds burtsts but it looks like you can just turn the unit off and then on and tase the guy as long as you want.
    :dunno:

With the X16c it looks like you can give 5, 10 or 30 seconds bursts depending on how many times you pull the trigger.

Bobby100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I carry a taser and pepper spray when i ride a bicycle,just incase i run into an upset dog i dont want to kill ,just want it to quit chewing on me

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I haven't read this entire thread, but I would never carry or rely on a Taser as my only tool for self defense. There are too many variables the come into play to get good contact on someone. I'd say, from all the times I've used it, that it's good about 70% of the time.

I don't like the idea of throwing that many barbs out there without aiming. I would imagine pulling one of those out of someone's eye wouldn't exactly be pleasant.

How many 5 seconds bursts can you give with the wires still on the suspect with the X26?

As many as you need to until the battery goes dead.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I heard you cant give more that two 5 seconds burtsts but it looks like you can just turn the unit off and then on and tase the guy as long as you want.
    :dunno:

With the X16c it looks like you can give 5, 10 or 30 seconds bursts depending on how many times you pull the trigger.

It's an automatic 5 second burst. You pull the trigger and you get 5 seconds from hell. You can turn off half way through. Everytime the trigger is pulled you get 5 seconds from the same cartridge. Some have video recording added as a feature. Most all have a recording time and date featue.

You have to look at force in general. I've seen a person get up to four. After 3, our SOP requires we send them to the hospital for treatment (and dart removal, ouch). After maybe the second, the officer should be thinking about "hands on" to place the cuffs on him. As long as you don't touch the leads you won't get shocked. One can hold the taser while the other handcuffs.

When you get into force you have to look at 1. was it necessary, 2. was the amount too much and 3. did you stop when the person stopped resisting. I think that video on Rodney King was a good training video in the fact that at sometime someone has to step in and cuff him. You just don't punish him and wait until he goes "belly up".

Bobby100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    i said i carry a taser and pepper spray for angry misguided dogs,I like dogs and don't think because they chase me on my bicycle i need to pull out a 357 and take away some kids pet!trust me pepper spray will change a dogs attitude in a hurry

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only time I carry one is when I work my security job. Boss don't want us to OC in doors unless absolutely necessary since there is little ventilation in the club we work at so we went got taser c2. When we had some people causing trouble and fighting once we pulled those out they quickly complied with us and didn't want to feel the taser

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    :nono:

There is more than just 3 shots.

The Taser shockwave. :nailbite:

shockwave.jpg

You can trigger 18 Taser shots at the same time, even more if you have more units.

What's worse than being shot with a Taser?
    Being shot with 54 Tasers at once. :n00b:

medium_766180438_ad45657d52_o.jpg

The police can even use it from the inside of their patrol car and Tase a group of people standing in front of it.

taser-shockwave-2.jpg

taser-location-swat134.jpg

It's actually scary what the police can do with those, it actually says "this way to enemy" on it (pause video bellow at 0:24) just like on a military claymore ... but on something meant to be used by the police to control civilians and citizens during crowd control. :n00b: :scratch:

Claymore2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQanY8SxCfE

Ya,I saw those, but it was a "carry" thread. those are more like a howitzer than a carry item.:D

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    i said i carry a taser and pepper spray for angry misguided dogs,I like dogs and don't think because they chase me on my bicycle i need to pull out a 357 and take away some kids pet!trust me pepper spray will change a dogs attitude in a hurry

When I ride the trails on my bike, I carry pepper spray for the angry furry animals and my 357 for all other angry animals that don't take the pepper spray seriously. :D

I'd have a hard time shooting a dog. Especially since if one were to chase me it would probably be because it thought it was protecting its property.

Top Bottom