Who carries what would be considered an "odd" caliber?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I usually carry either a Glock 20sf, 29sf or Delta Elite (not often on that one) so I guess I qualify as carrying an odd caliber. But, I think 10mm has a bit of a following and would not classify it as too odd. Then again, they don't carry 10mm ammo at Meijer's, so maybe it is odd after all.

Same here on the 20, 29, and CDE. I've carried a Glock 29 since they were first introduced. I don't consider 10mm an odd caliber, just less common. There are several current production guns that shoot it, so to me that makes it not as much an oddball as some calibers that have only one current manufacturer.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Prove that there was a person behind the camera.

he's posted that photo before. And, I believe, stated that the camera was on a timer.

Quit jumping to conclusions.

-J-

Be that as it may, I'll bet Joe Biden and the Jim Brady crew would have a hay-day with it! (And I think you'd have to admit that that would be a pretty reasonable conclusion to which to jump.)

Last edited:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell

he's posted that photo before. And, I believe, stated that the camera was on a timer.

-J-

Oh, I'm sorry, can you tell me where I jumped to conclusions please? Did I say that there was someone behind the camera? Please look at what I said and read the 4 rules I have there. Then tell me which ones were broken.

Seems to me I remember a story on here where a guy showed someone else his loaded weapon in his house. The guy "accidently" fired it. The bullet went though several walls in his house and broke a water pipe. Nobody was taking a picture of that at the time either and nobody was behind a camera.

I will let it go at that. If he does not want to follow safe gun handling rules then that is his choice. The fact that a person is not directly behind the camera is meaningless. Unless he is aiming at a target inside his house at his indoor range then he broke every single safe gun handling rule so that he could get a cool picture of himself. I wonder if that bullet would go through drywall?

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Much like divorce, once it could have been them. Twice, it may have been both of you. Three times, its you.

Who are you hanging out with that you've been hit with an ND twice?

The first time i was shot it was with a .22 rifle, it was a family friends son. He was showing my cousin his new rifle and forgot that it was loaded and hot. It went through the bedroom wall and was lodged in the inside of my right forearm. The bullet lost enough velocity that it got stuck in the lower layer of the epidermus and stayed there till i got to the ER. The second time it was ricochet, one of my friends 'gun' buddies decided he could shoot an ak at a concrete wall at an angle. The bullet ended up in the back of my left calf... Needles to say say ive been around some dumba$$ people handling weapons. So yea, im a little touchy about fingers on triggers, EVEN if I personally know that the gun is unloaded. :xmad:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI

-J-

Thanks indy guy...you are totally right. At least I know better than to hang around people that might accidentally shoot me. Someone usually gets bent out of shape when I post that photo.....HA HA HA

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks indy guy...you are totally right. At least I know better than to hang around people that might accidentally shoot me. Someone usually gets bent out of shape when I post that photo.....HA HA HA

Then why do you continue to post it? And - more importantly - why did you take it (or have it taken) in the first place? Did it ever occur to you that that sort of picture just gives more ammunition to the anti-gun lobby? :noway:

(No HA HA HA involved.)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Then why do you continue to post it? And - more importantly - why did you take it (or have it taken) in the first place? Did it ever occur to you that that sort of picture just gives more ammunition to the anti-gun lobby? :noway:

(No HA HA HA involved.)

Dude, EVERYTHING we do gives the anti-gun lobby more ammunition. A dad posting on FB about taking his son hunting for the first time proves we're dangerous bloodthirsty lunatics.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hardly the same thing, ss.
    My experience tells me the exact opposite. It is normally anal gun folks who get bent out of shape over such pics. Most antis don't have the background or experience to do so, because they've never heard of the 4 rules, and their only experience with guns comes from the TV or movies.
    Now put a gun in the hands of a child (let alone take o pic of said child standing over a deer that he killed) and put it out there and you'll get "atta boys" from gun folk, but cries of child abuse and brain washing from the antis.:twocents:

I look at it like art...that photo got a visceral reaction from some, as was it's intended purpose, I suppose. I'm all for the 4 rules, abide by them religiously, and make the people around me do so as well, but I also appreciate good art...and the .44 SPL! :D

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My experience tells me the exact opposite. It is normally anal gun folks who get bent out of shape over such pics.

Okay. Color me "anal". Be that as it may, I still consider the taking and, especially, the posting of such a picture to border heavily upon the ******. (And I seriously doubt that I'm the only one with such feelings.)

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I don't carry it... but I have a Rugar SP101 in a .32 H&R Magnum. I like the round a lot, but ammo is hard to find and expensive. I have reloaded some ammo for it, but I it's just an extra handgun that I have. Too bad as it's a fun gun to shoot.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I have a revolver I carry all the time in 327 mag if I dont have my public defender full of differant 410 shells.And occasionally I have a 36 caliber double barrel blackpowder derringer.

Top Bottom