• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I used to carry one as a backup. I still have it. I can't help you out much on a holster. What I did was went to a gun shop (Kirby Road, I think it closed years ago) and got a cheap clip-on holster. I cut off a lot of the leather and used athletic tape and the clip to attach it to the straps on my vest so that it sat up under my left armpit, kind of like a shoulder holster, but covered by my shirt.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Tag.

I carry a SP101 in a cheapie fabric holster at the moment, IWB, and sometimes in a leather Done Hume pancake on my hip, the doesn't quite fit right. Still looking for a better holster, preferably one with retention and w/o a strap.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry a 3" SP-101 in a Don Hume holster, and I love the combination. The best part of the Don Hume is that it costs less than half of many comparable leather holsters.

Good luck finding the 3" version of the SP-101... They are rare as hens teeth right now.

rugersp101.jpg

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    I have a Ruger LCR, but got the itch to get a SP101 also. I have found plenty of 2.25 inchers, but no luck with the 3 inch. Couple of my local dealers say that they are hard to find, and not on Ruger's to-do-list right now with their other offerings being hot. I have a Don Hume JIT belt slide holster for my LCR, and love it. It is made for the SP101, but the LCR fits also. Rides high and tight for me. Good luck on your search!!

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I have the Ruger SP101 in .38 special, and carry it in a Fobus Paddle holster, made for the SP101. I like that the holster slips down over my pants and does not have to go through my belt. Got mine for 29.95.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I've been carrying the 2.25 inch barrel comfortably in a pocket holster for a couple days now. I used to carry a SW J frame in the Galco thumbreak side holster and I will be getting one for the SP101.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I carry the shorter barrel version IWB in a cheapo uncle mikes for over a year now with no complaints....sort of. During the colder months it is just a BUG, but it is about the only thing I have that I can conceal in warm weather, so it becomes my primary piece in the summer. When I picked up the uncle mikes, my first impression was that I could use it for a month or two until I found some nice leather that I liked, but it didn't look like it would last much longer than that.....13 months later....it still works well and shows little sign of wear. This is 24/7 carry mind you and it takes a beating, keeps coming back for more....Still want some nice leather though.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I had two I really liked for my 3", a Don Hume JIT and the Bianchi minimalist. The Don Hume is cheaper, the Bianchi has a little rubber strap you can stretch over the hammer to secure the gun in the holster. Handy in the woods. Both are fast, comfy, and look good. The Don Hume was a little faster and easier to reholster, I thought.

My 3" SP101 was one of my favorite all time guns. I was bothered by the five shot limitation, and was silly enough to let it go twice. Which means that now I have to buy another to go with my Model 64 LOL.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Me and the wife take turns carrying our SP101, 3". We both like it quite a bit. It is easy to carry and with the Crimson Trace grips I can shoot it from any position with pinpoint accuracy. I picked it up after helping my niece pick out her first gun. It happened to be an SP101 2" bobbed hammer with Crimson Trace grips. I liked it so much I had to have one. I found it at 21st Century for a great deal. Don't know if they have one still in stock. Definatly worth picking up one.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    thanks for all the replys, appreciate the input. Now if I can just find the gun I want :xmad: Got a real promising lead on a trade deal for one, now hopefully it goes through.

Trade deal ? Hope it's not the new one you had last weekend at Roush. If thats the one, I would of had to try tempting you. :D I know you are looking for the 3 in though.

Anyhow, good luck on the trade !

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I used to, til some worthless SOB broke into my truck at work stole it my holster, IPOD, Sirrius radio and GPS! That is my favorite carry gun! I will buy one again!

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I got a Mat Del Fatti from Lightning arms that I use a lot with mine. Lasted for about three years now.

Top Bottom