• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Ditto, I have a 642 that I carry in my pocket almost always. I usually have a Glock on my hip, though not always. Im paranoid about the mini sized autos failing to function in the moment of need, so if I am going to something that small, or with that limited of capacity, It'll always be a wheel gun.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I have a NAA 22/22Mag converible w/ the 22Mag cylinder that I carry in a modified w/ a Chicago Screw & washers Uncle Mike's #1 pocket holster that rides in the pocket of my sleep shorts. Also could be carried as a BUG.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    On a few occasions, when I am somewhere I don't feel quite so much a target, like at the annual FNRA banquet, I will carry a 1903 Colt pocket hammerless in .32acp.
    Other times when utmost discretion is demanded, I have been known to carry a Kel-Tec .32.

Most days it's either a J-frame .357mag or a 1911 .45

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    When I go to FL to visit my family I carry an LC9 in my pocket usually.
    I am probably going to switch to something even smaller, like an LCP though.

I am not a big fan of smaller weapons but I also don't feel like I am not well enough armed.
    I have larger hands, small guns aren't easy for me to hold on to but I am able and do practice with them regularly.
    Reason to go smaller? My family isn't the most gun friendly and barely allows me to stay with them with a gun.
    Small once seem somehow to make them feel more comfortable, like it won't urt as bad if they get shot or something. :dunno:
    I also somehow wound up with a pair of LCP's so maybe I can even leave one down there so flying with a gun ends and makes my lofe easier.
    That and I can sell the LC9 so I can get something else... that never hurts. :)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've always thought the NAA revolvers were cool, but I could not imagine a scenario where I would need it. I just don't see how it's going to be accurate much past a few yards. Combined with the fact that it's only a .22 out of a 1" barrel, wouldn't a knife be more effective at extremely close range? The smallest gun I carry is a P238. A lot of people down the .380 or think anything less than .45 is useless. The P238 is accurate, comfortable to shoot, and easy to conceal. I'd rather have a gun that I'll actually carry frequently, practice with regularly, and get good hits should the need arise. I'm just not the guy who's going to carry a 1911 and a BUG and whatever else all day long. To each his own!

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a Phoenix arms HP25 auto. Pocket carried. Its definetly not my go to piece, in fact, its dead last... but when I need small, it really fits the bill.
    I keep the 2 stupid safe levers off and treat it as single action only.
    Its better than a knife or stick. Not by much, but it is.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I have a Bond Arms with the 3.5" barrel in 45 Colt/ .410. ( always carry it with .45s) Sometimes I do put the 2.5" 22 mag barrel on it. I can get it in the pocket on my bibs, and still button the pocket.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Always when not carrying anything else will have a Tomcat .32 with Winchester Silvertips and an extra mag.
    Not the greatest, but sure beats looking around for a stick or a pen in time of need.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Occasionally I carry an lcp 380 in the summer but step up to my xds 45 in the winter..based on having to shoot through multiple layers of clothing or winter coats.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I loved my Beretta 21A loaded with CCI Minimags. Take a walk on the beach in Florida with the 21A in my hand in my jacket pocket. Same while driving down to FL on I-65, nice and lightweight, compact for the rest area stops.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I carry my p32 nearly every day, in a pocket holster, with a 10rdmag on my weak side, I have never felt under gunned, or that it's a "mouse"gun....it is a Rule #1 gun....First rule in a gunfight....have a gun. That being said I'm not planning on getting into a gunfight, just want to be able to protect my self, and my family. I still carry a P11 every now and then, but am still trying to find a good holster to carry it in.

Top Bottom