• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    OK, I am tired of the threads with neverending reasons why someone isn't electable, I want you guys to tell us who you would vote for. I would also like to hear why you would vote for them.

Even though he isn't running yet, I would vote for Mitch Daniels. He is saying something I have been saying for years. We need someone to run who will fix our financial house. There are too many people that try to run on socially conservative principles and I think that turns off too many potential libertarian/independent voters.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OK, I am tired of the threads with neverending reasons why someone isn't electable, I want you guys to tell us who you would vote for. I would also like to hear why you would vote for them.

Even though he isn't running yet, I would vote for Mitch Daniels. He is saying something I have been saying for years. We need someone to run who will fix our financial house. There are too many people that try to run on socially conservative principles and I think that turns off too many potential libertarian/independent voters.

I would vote for Mitch Daniels because he understands that social politics is a waste of time, and that we need to fix our budget #1

Thanks,
    Matthew

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I would vote for Mitch Daniels because he understands that social politics is a waste of time, and that we need to fix our budget #1

Thanks,
    Matthew
    And yet, in the end, he caved into the social conservatives and passed their nonsense. He had the power to just say no and refused to flex it.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Ron Paul. But I will vote for whomever wins the Republican nomination (even Romney) just to get Obama out.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ron paul, daniels will probably sell the white house if he gets elected
    Don't think he can sell it, but 75 year lease looks attractive.

Mitch is carrying some political baggage from being W's Budget Director.

So, who would we vote for? Obama is the only candidate so far.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Daniels turned me off and I'm a libertarian. I would vote for Ron Paul. I think he's one of the few who really understands what we're up against.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Whoever the GOP puts up against Obama. We can squabble about the credentials of whoever the candidate is, we can stay hom, we can do write ins, we can vote Libertarian, but if we are serious about getting rid of Obama, it will take a GOP win to do it. And IMO, the biggest problem this country faces now is the prospect of him getting re-elected.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ron Paul as well. I'd like to have a president who understands economics well enough to predict the housing bubble, follows the Constitution, cares about my liberties, and whose long-term voting record matches the words coming out of his mouth.

Whoever the GOP puts up against Obama.

You seem to think you have no say in the GOP's decision... Which Republican candidate would you vote for in the primary?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will vote for the GOP candidate. Some of them with my stomach knotted up. I am not super excited at this point about any of them. But I would vote for a dog before I would vote Obama. I think the vote is too important and likely to be too close to make a protest vote.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    paulheart_dees.jpg

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I vote for Dross. According to him, he's always correct.

Wise choice.

Since I wouldn't care about staying in office, my first actions would be:

1. Pardon all people being held in federal prisons for all victimless crimes.
    2. Revoke all executive orders that DO anything.
    3. Issue executive orders that prevent things from being done.
    4. Veto all new laws.
    5. Veto all new taxes.
    6. Go on TV with graphs and charts showing exactly where the money is going and how much we're borrowing.
    7. Go on TV and explain how subsidies work and we we need to stop them.
    8. Go on TV with graphs and charts and explain how Social Security is already bankrupt and how it's really just the poorest Americans transferring money directly into the pockets of the richest Americans.
    9. Hamstring the ATF with all available powers.
    10. Go on TV and explain how the Constitution works.
    11. Appoint freedom absolutists to the Supreme Court.
    12. Fly around a lot on Air Force One, 'cause that would be wicked cool.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ron Paul as well. I'd like to have a president who understands economics well enough to predict the housing bubble, follows the Constitution, cares about my liberties, and whose long-term voting record matches the words coming out of his mouth.

You seem to think you have no say in the GOP's decision... Which Republican candidate would you vote for in the primary?

Right now I like Mitch. I think he can win.

Top Bottom