• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can someone point me to a Whitehouse.gov petition that has ever resulted in anything official being done?

I'm curious.

Also, does anyone seriously think that the President will veto an AWB bill that reaches his desk? What makes anyone think he will do that?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Big +1

Well, if the aim of the petition is to make a signer feel like They've done something, sure. The effect on the signer's own psyche is it's only usefulness.

The only other option is not "settin' [sic] on your hands." As an individual, you could write a letter to your Congressmen and Senator about the subject to try to make sure the issue never makes it to his desk. Believe it or not, personal letter have an effect on legislators. Further, you could support reputable pro-gun lobbying organizations. Either of these things has a much greater chance of having a positive effect than an internet petition. Take 20 seconds to "sign" an internet petition- no one cares. Take 20 minutes to write a well-reasoned, personal letter, legislators care.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    The only other option is not "settin' [sic] on your hands." As an individual, you could write a letter to your Congressmen and Senator about the subject to try to make sure the issue never makes it to his desk. Believe it or not, personal letter have an effect on legislators. Further, you could support reputable pro-gun lobbying organizations. Either of these things has a much greater chance of having a positive effect than an internet petition. Take 20 seconds to "sign" an internet petition- no one cares. Take 20 minutes to write a well-reasoned, personal letter, legislators care.

I don't disagree with you, but letters rarely make it through the assistants of Congressmen.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    In conjuction with other avenues, this petition does have value. By itself, not to much. So join the NRA or other pro gun groups, talk to friends, sign the petition, write letter to congressmen, etc etc. A collected effort is what makes a different, not a single approach.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    These petitions mean NOTHING to those who would enslave us.
    You're only kidding yourself to think otherwise.

Do you REALLY think if there's enough names on the petition, BHO will change his mind?:laugh:

better than settin' on ones hands....

Yes, and beating my head on a cement wall is better than doing nothing too.
    And just as effective in changing BHO's mind... :laugh:

But at least I won't have my name added to a list for NOTHING.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom