• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I wouldn’t go on a Carnival cruise even if you paid me! Too many stories about about cretins from a certain minority group acting like untamed wild animals. I’m sorry if I insulted the innocent real untamed animals in the wild by using that reference.
    We must be PC in these discussions; Right? :ugh:

Robert B.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    Anderson
    I wouldn’t go on a Carnival cruise even if you paid me! Too many stories about about cretins from a certain minority group acting like untamed wild animals. I’m sorry if I insulted the innocent real untamed animals in the wild by using that reference.
    You hit the nail squarely on the head, Sir.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    That sir, is part of the problem. No one want to offend.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Of course, they could make an announcement, "Given that we are international waters, we are now subject to the codes of conduct of the Brethren. Ill behavior will result in keelhauling. Any offenders will be tried at 1600 hours, with the keelhauling commencing at 1615 hours."

I expect that should solve the problem, or at least provide highly popular entertainment. :D

Robert B.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    Anderson
    Of course, they could make an announcement, "Given that we are international waters, we are now subject to the codes of conduct of the Brethren. Ill behavior will result in keelhauling. Any offenders will be tried at 1600 hours, with the keelhauling commencing at 1615 hours."

I expect that should solve the problem, or at least provide highly popular entertainment. :D
    If only they would, I would book the first cruise I could find, just for the entertainment!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Celebrity is pretty good. Absolutely none of that nonsense.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Words have meaning. When everything is racist, nothing is racist!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Dictionaries are no longer the de facto authority on the definition of words. It is up to the right to make them an insignificant part of our vocabulary and education.
    To be replaced by what? We actually need a reference where we can look up the meaning of words. It would be nice to have clear tracking of changes they make to these things.

I think where the big problem here is that dictionaries use references from written sources to define words. A large portion of that would be MSM. They obviously will redefine words to meet political agendas, which will eventually end up getting the words redifined.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    To be replaced by what? We actually need a reference where we can look up the meaning of words. It would be nice to have clear tracking of changes they make to these things.

I think where the big problem here is that dictionaries use references from written sources to define words. A large portion of that would be MSM. They obviously will redefine words to meet political agendas, which will eventually end up getting the words redifined.
    I’d rather have none, then use “theirs”.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I always post a link to "Abuse of Language, Abuse of Power" by Josef Pieper when a discussion of the bastardization of language comes up:

Top Bottom