• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sure, the clerk selling the ammo isn't going to call the cops, and the IN LEOs couldn't enforce an IL state law, if we don't have the law here, but...

In CA basically all fireworks that leave the ground are illegal, and anything that goes boom or pop, including firecrackers. There are a few exceptions, like those little helicopter things that float up a few feet in the air. What we do is drive to Nevada, or Mexico and buy fireworks depending on where you live. You have to go through checkpoint on the way back from Nevada, and you have to go through border patrol on the way back from Mexico.

I have no doubts that there are state police on the borders of IL that will pull people over if there is no checkpoint, and ask where they are coming from, what they are doing, and if they have anything illegal in the vehicle. Most people don't know they can refuse to answer, and even if they are searched, it wouldn't be admissible.

Of course it's different in CA, you have no rights. If you don't answer the questions near the U.S border, along the U.S border, or around the major Interstate, they will tell you to exit the vehicle, then they will bring in the hounds, and rip your car to pieces.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Secondly, on a much sadder note, while I was there I heard the news about a 6 month old child being shot. What in the heck is wrong with the citizens of Chicago?

Second City Cop

Check out what Second City Cop says about the shooting Schroll down to the topic "CALL IT WHAT IT IS." The SSC believes the "dad" used the baby as a shield. An admitted gang banger with near 40 arrests and the mother was shot while pregnant with the child. Normal chicago doings. Jim.

Didn't hear about the shield thing. Still a mess no matter what the reason.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Damn, I thought this was going to be a "suggestion" thread. Like...

While in Chicago...**** on a potted plant.

While in Chicago...let the air out of a meter maid's tires.

While in Chicago...put a Packers sticker on each light post you see.

While in Chicago...DON'T GO because they are a den of thieves and gangsters!!!

:D

I'm sorry. I did go to the Original Billy Goat Tavern which is where the "Cheezebooger, Cheezebooger, Cheezebooger" skit came from. That was interesting.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Sure, the clerk selling the ammo isn't going to call the cops, and the IN LEOs couldn't enforce an IL state law, if we don't have the law here, but...

In CA basically all fireworks that leave the ground are illegal, and anything that goes boom or pop, including firecrackers. There are a few exceptions, like those little helicopter things that float up a few feet in the air. What we do is drive to Nevada, or Mexico and buy fireworks depending on where you live. You have to go through checkpoint on the way back from Nevada, and you have to go through border patrol on the way back from Mexico.

I have no doubts that there are state police on the borders of IL that will pull people over if there is no checkpoint, and ask where they are coming from, what they are doing, and if they have anything illegal in the vehicle. Most people don't know they can refuse to answer, and even if they are searched, it wouldn't be admissible.

Of course it's different in CA, you have no rights. If you don't answer the questions near the U.S border, along the U.S border, or around the major Interstate, they will tell you to exit the vehicle, then they will bring in the hounds, and rip your car to pieces.

Wow!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I was just in Chicago with my family, great trip by the way. Thanks to all the helpful advice from different people on the forum, mostly with respect to the no carry, tactical pens and knife size. While I was there I met the boyfriend of a friend of my wife and I. He lives outside of the city and said he had several guns, but let his license lapse and so was unable to by ammo. Is that really true in Illinois? I thought it sounded a little extreme.
    Secondly, on a much sadder note, while I was there I heard the news about a 6 month old child being shot. What in the heck is wrong with the citizens of Chicago?

This is Chicago, IL, NOTHING is too extreme for the anti-gun forces there. Remember, this is Obama's home turf.

This is the city that thinks Blago got a RAW DEAL and did nothing wrong when he attempted to sell Obama's vacated Senate seat!

This is the city that still LOOKS UP to former US Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. who is going to prison for STEALING their money!

The normal rules of logic, right and wrong, and morality DO NOT APPLY!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I like to point out to anti-gunners that the guns are just fine outside of Chicago. Why do the guns go bad when they cross into Chicago. Maybe it's a people and law problem.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I like to point out to anti-gunners that the guns are just fine outside of Chicago. Why do the guns go bad when they cross into Chicago. Maybe it's a people and law problem.

The reason is in the water which was caused by reversing the flow of the Chitcago river in the mid 1800's which caused all the **** to stay in chity limits.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    He lives outside of the city and said he had several guns, but let his license lapse and so was unable to by ammo. Is that really true in Illinois? I thought it sounded a little extreme.

True, however, you as an Indiana resident CAN purchase ammo in IL. All you have to do is show ID that says you DON'T live in IL.

Go figure! :rolleyes:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A buddy of mine wants to try for Chicago Police department and is trying to take to me to join him there. 500 spots open. I have no idea what it is like to be a cop in Chicago and getting guns. I don't know if I can own the same kinds of guns that I could in Indiana even as a cop because of the laws there. I know if I did come a cop I can have certain firearms but I don't know the extent of that privilege and yeah gun right as a privilege still baffles me. My buddy is sounding like being a cop is better than being a civilian now because despite gun laws, as a cop you can still keep your guns according to him

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Last time i was visiting family in chicago ex-urbs I went to a gun shop w/range, and was told that i couldn't buy ammo . I also read that the IL legislature decided to amend the law so that competitors could buy ammo at shooting matches.:twocents:
    Illinois State Police link: Firearm Owner's Frequently Asked Questions

Law link: 430 ILCS 65/  Firearm Owners Identification Card Act.

FOID is required for Illinois residents to purchase ammo. Does not apply to non-residents.

(430 ILCS 65/3a) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-3a

Sec. 3a. (a) Any resident of Illinois who has obtained a firearms owner's identification card pursuant to this Act and who is not otherwise prohibited from obtaining, possessing or using a firearm may purchase or obtain a rifle or shotgun or ammunition for a rifle or shotgun in Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin or Kentucky.

Top Bottom