• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    I am in the market for a holster for my Ruger Vaquero. I would like a well built gun belt with holster, but I am a little daunted by the prices. I understand it takes a lot of time and craftsmanship to make a holster, but i hate to spend as much on one as I did on the gun. I want something comfortable as i plan on carrying it when I walk through woods.

Thanks in advance

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I agree that belt & holster leather is pretty pricey. And many of the "name" makers have a long waiting list to boot. Ever thought of making your own? Tandy leather has the patterns and the leather. It's not too difficult, relatively inexpensive, it's a lot of fun, and they're YOURS!

Good luck on your search!

ol' poke

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    What I had been using for years (for cowboy action) is an inexpensive rig made in Mexico. (I know) I now have a custom rig I ordered from a leather maker at the Blue Chip gun show earlier in the year. I got my old rig from a guy at the Indy 1500. He and his wife have lots of belts and holsters. They are the buscadero type that hang down a little lower. He may have others, but I like that for gunfighter style shooting. Anyway, they were inexpensive and functioned fine for > 16 years. That might be a good route to go at first. Not sure of the cost now, but I think the belt and two holsters were about $80 a few years ago. Check them out at the next 1500 show. Sorry I don't have a card with their name.

TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    I hadn't thought of making my own ol' poke. I will definitely check into it though sounds fun for a future project. I would like to try a few different holsters on first and see what kind of style I even like. I'll probably go to the next 1500 and see what they have.

Top Bottom