which Walmarts in IN still sell long arms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slim7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Fishers does not. Like many others if you get there when they stock the ammo you may be lucky enough to get what you are looking for. don't go in there much anymore, last time I was there they had the "we reserve the right to only let you have what we want to give you........" sign up.

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Correction to someone's earlier post. Columbus Walmart sells long guns at the East side location. The Walmart on the West side of town just off I-65 does NOT sell long arms.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Richmond just went under heavy renovation and has a larger gun counter and still sells shotguns and other rifles.

Can't believe that walmart is getting out of the long gun business.

One time I asked the guy in sporting goods why they stopped selling guns.

I'm not sure if this is in fact true, but he told me there was some Indiana law that forbid a business from selling both firearms and alcohol. If that is true, I can imagine that's a tough choice for them to make.

Maybe we can get some of the legal minds on the board to comment?

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County

I'm not sure if this is in fact true, but he told me there was some Indiana law that forbid a business from selling both firearms and alcohol. If that is true, I can imagine that's a tough choice for them to make.

I don't think that's true. The Wal-Mart in Valparaiso sells beer and hard liquor as well as rifles, shotguns, and ammo for everything.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Plymouth store also sells the whole BATFE gamut Alcohol, tobacco,firearms, and minor explosives aka fireworks.

Kimber7man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lawrence

Not true. Wal-Mart issued a new policy a couple years back that they were going to stop selling firearms in urban stores. It might have been after the old man Walton died? It appears they are slowly extending that policy to new stores also. All I know is the one on 31 south used to occasionally have great deals, like $450 for a new 1187 Premier, and then that went out the door... bummer...

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I just looked on walmart web site and the only gun I found for sale was a cricket. I was just checking to see if all walmarts pulled there guns or if it is just hit and miss like it used to be? Also is there a walmart close to Greenfield that sells guns?

Top Bottom