Which Rifle(s)/Caliber(s) Do I "Need" Added To My Collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I know that to which I WANT added to my collection but I'd like to get your opinions on what you'd add to yours if you had what I have now (for whatever reasons). I've found with handguns that I'm very fond of Glocks and Ruger revolvers...took me a few years to do so and I have a few of each...but my long gun collection is seriously lacking and screams noob lol. I've got a nice pellet rifle, the obligatory Mosin (1944 hex), Ruger 10/22, Ruger American .223, AR in 5.56, 12ga shotgun (18" barrel)...and that's about it. I'd really like to add an AR in .308, another Ruger American in 30-06, and a Winchester 1300 Ranger Deer Slug 12ga (eventually someday a Tavor and/or FN). what do I want to use these for? doesn't matter. hunting, plinking, sheer joy of ownership, etc whatevs. hit me with it.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    You don't "need" any more guns! As a matter-of-fact, you have too many now! PM me with an address where I can come and pick some up.

Just trying to help out.:):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I second the M1 Garand, an AK (or the Century VZ2008's which are dirt cheap right now). One of my current favorites is a French MAS 49/56 in 7.62x51.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    There's some reeeally nice M1's down the road from me at Highsmith's.
    I fondle them every time I go in there.
    I will fold and have to have a Garand in the next year I know it.
    for now I might even go the route of an AK & lots of mags and ammo
    and I'm sort of intrigued by the .308 right now...
    hmmm

great suggestions so far guys!
    hopefully this will be a Christmas present to/from me
    keep em comin

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    AR pistol in 5.56 w/Sig brace
    AK rifle in 7.62x39
    AK pistol in 7.62x39 w/Sig brace

The AR and AK pistols aren't technically long guns, but I couldn't resist.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You're lacking a decent gun to shoot clays with.

Also, with the new deer legal calibers coming next year, you could think about getting a nice bolt action for that. What about varmints? Do you intend to do some coyote hunting? You already have a 223, but 22-250 is so much more fun. I'd suggest looking at 22-250 for a varmint gun, a 270 for a deer gun, or a 243 if you want one gun that does both (although does neither as well as the dedicated option).

kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    Since no one has mentioned it yet - Get a Garand!

I'm not sure how long I'd wait on the Garand. If you're able to buy from the CMP, It's a great program. They aren't going to run out next week or anything but the supply is shrinking fast. When the CMP guns are gone Garand prices will go up. Probably quite a bit for the desirable ones.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you want to know what you should add to your collection, ask and answer a different question.
    What don't you have in your collection?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Get some VARMINT calibers..

You're lacking a decent gun to shoot clays with.

Also, with the new deer legal calibers coming next year, you could think about getting a nice bolt action for that. What about varmints? Do you intend to do some coyote hunting? You already have a 223, but 22-250 is so much more fun. I'd suggest looking at 22-250 for a varmint gun, a 270 for a deer gun, or a 243 if you want one gun that does both (although does neither as well as the dedicated option).

^^^+1

You NEED some Varmint calibers-Yes the .22-250 Rem. is GREAT..Also check into the 6MM Rem. and/or the .243 Win. you can load both of these calibers up/down for Varmints and or Deer size game. Fun to load for and shoot..Bill.

Indyfishyak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It looks like you are interested in ar's if you want other calibers you can consider extra uppers for your lower... 458 socom, 6.5 Grendel... Or maybe you need a wylde chambered 223

Top Bottom