• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    You want #5. Lifetime Personal protection. The hunting/targer one is stupid, and not sure why they even have it. If you get the Personal Protection one, you are covered all the time.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    You want #5. Lifetime Personal protection. The hunting/targer one is stupid, and not sure why they even have it. If you get the Personal Protection one, you are covered all the time.

It's a vestige from when you couldn't take a handgun out of your house, even to a range without a license to carry (though you could take it to a gunsmith [though I don't know how you'd break it if you couldn't shoot it] or a shop to sell it). Hunting/target was the cheap option for people who would never carry for personal protection. It should be gotten rid of now though.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    I filled out an application online today and chose the L1 option for finger printing. Paid 75.00 to state and 9.95 for the electronic finger printing. Took me about an hour on hold to talk to a live person to set up an appt. I tried setting up an appt. online but all the website would show was an interactive map of the US. Finally talked to an operator who had no idea where Indiana was. Finally got my appt. for next week and then back to the po po with a money order and to finish the application and then wait and wait. The po said 15 to 17 weeks processing time. Meantime, he suggested I still carry my GA license if I ran into trouble.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Better hurry. The lifetime is going away soon.

No!! That's a bad boy!!

1500131.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The financial break-even point for a Lifetime is 12 years. If you think you'll be alive longer than that, then get the Lifetime. If you plan to die before then, then the 4 year is cheaper. Don't even bother with the Hunting and Target license. The Personal Protection one covers that anyway.

Top Bottom