• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Have a Glock 19 and want to put night sights on it. Where is the best place to get them and can I do it myself, will my LGS install them or should I go somewhere else. Any help would be appreciated.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like trijicons or meprolights for a 3 dot night sight combo, or Ameriglo for a dot-bar combo. Depending on your preference of course. My 19 has Trijicons and I love them.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have the Meprolight sights on two handguns. Night sights are great when you need them, but when you don't need them, how hard are they to see during the day? The Meprolights have a white plastic insert around the illumination cell that is just as visible as plain old white dot sights.

That's why I chose them. Great night sight visibility without sacrificing daytime visibility. I had them for years on my P95. When I bought my G19, I never even researched what was newly available, I just bought another set of what I new I liked.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I like the Ameriglo I-dots. At night you have one green dot in front and back, and during the day you have a larger red dot that surrounds the trijicon. Most LGS will install for free if you purchase from them. You will need a sight pusher tool to do it yourself. My advice, go to Bradis and pick out something :rockwoot:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like the Ameriglo I-dots. At night you have one green dot in front and back, and during the day you have a larger red dot that surrounds the trijicon. Most LGS will install for free if you purchase from them. You will need a sight pusher tool to do it yourself. My advice, go to Bradis and pick out something :rockwoot:

I second this, check out Bradis, free install while you wait, if you buy them there, otherwise a small fee.

I have Meprolights on one Glock, AmeriGlo's on another.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I picked up some Trijicon HD's for my Glocks on Amazon, and had NHT3 install `em.

Seem to be kind of a cross between XS and 3-dot night...

In the light, find the big color'd dot, put it in the middle, press...

(I did the orange one on my .40's and the yellow on my 9mm's.)

At night, line up the 3 little green dots, press...

So far, I really like them ... others may not.

YMMV

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yes, but only the XS Big Dots are the correct answer. :D

Big Dots are only the answer if you've never shot I-Dot Pros. It's kinda like Glock is the answer until you shoot an M&P.

An M&P with I-Dot Pros... Now that's something I would carry and shoot often! :D

406237202.jpg

UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks for all the input. I have Trijicon's on my G30SF and I like 'em. I guess I'll go to the LGS (Midwest Gun Exchange) and see what they have and pick something out!

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Big Dots are only the answer if you've never shot I-Dot Pros. It's kinda like Glock is the answer until you shoot an M&P.

An M&P with I-Dot Pros... Now that's something I would carry and shoot often! :D

406237202.jpg

I dunno, finding the gap in the rear site in the dark under duress is the challenge I feel. To each their own. Was this just an attempt to not violate the copyright and put out a similar product or is that what XS did?

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana

406237202.jpg

Front sight is about 1/3 the size it should be :)

If you stress "FRONT SIGHT" in a gun fight, the front sight size should be large enough to grab your gross motor attention.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

406237202.jpg

Again, I vote for these sights. I had them installed on my Gen 3 G19 and they are amazing.
    picture.php

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

406237202.jpg

Can someone post a picture of Big Dots so I can compare them to this picture?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I dunno, finding the gap in the rear site in the dark under duress is the challenge I feel. To each their own. Was this just an attempt to not violate the copyright and put out a similar product or is that what XS did?
    I consider the I-Dot (or "hackthorn" without the rear dot) to be the best of both worlds. I've used standard three dot sights, and big dots. The I-Dot brought back the precision of standard sights without sacrificing the speed in acquisition and transition of big dots.
    Front sight is about 1/3 the size it should be :)

If you stress "FRONT SIGHT" in a gun fight, the front sight size should be large enough to grab your gross motor attention.

I've used Big Dots and the I-Dot actually grabs my attention faster. And it's not a small front sight by any stretch of the imagination. I do ok. ;)

406238164.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom