• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm willing to wager that I can pry a door or a window open with the knife I have pictured below. It only weighs 3.0 oz.
    TitaniumStriders001.jpg

Strider SA...All titanium.

Overall Length: 7.25"
    Blade Length: 3.00"
    Blade Thickness: .190"
    Weight: 3.0 oz.
    Material: All Titanium with Flame Finish

Damn Brad, that's a cool knife! You get all the cool Strider stuff.

i know i can do it with my strider db :) and its only 8 oz. and can do most everything else on my list too. here is video that shows it doing most the tasks you described and then some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgSOQY4CDk

That video convinced me to get my DB, and I'm glad I did. I rarely leave home without it. I would love to get my hands on the monkeys edge 3V version sometime.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Damn Brad, that's a cool knife! You get all the cool Strider stuff.

That video convinced me to get my DB, and I'm glad I did. I rarely leave home without it. I would love to get my hands on the monkeys edge 3V version sometime.

Actually, Knife Lady has a few of these (SA models) along with an all titanium HS karambit which is bad to the bone....it only weighs in at 3.8 oz and it has G-10 handles on it. Strider has only had their all titanium knives out for a month or so. We are waiting for a few more models to be released in all titanium.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Actually, Knife Lady has a few of these (SA models) along with an all titanium HS karambit which is bad to the bone....it only weighs in at 3.8 oz and it has G-10 handles on it. Strider has only had their all titanium knives out for a month or so. We are waiting for a few more models to be released in all titanium.

Sounds sweet. I've got the HS in S30V, but Titanium would be very cool! You've got me pegged, as I am a Karambit whore :D. I think my next Strider is going to be an SMF though. Probably something with DGG, but I could be easily swayed by some exotic steel.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Strider SA is a great knife. You dont hear too much about them compared to some other models, but mine goes everywhere with me. Its really thick stock, yet still cuts well.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I owned a SA-L, and loved it. One of those knives that I should never have sold. I will be adding a PAB to my bag soon, hopefully. A bit over kill, but oh well.

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    I'll take that bet! have you ever heard of leverage? you would be lucky to pry open a can of soda with that little toy. there is no handle, have fun working with that all day. just because its Titanium doesnt make it indestructible. i hope you never get locked in a room and only have that knife cause you will be there awhile!

I'm willing to wager that I can pry a door or a window open with the knife I have pictured below. It only weighs 3.0 oz.
    TitaniumStriders001.jpg

Strider SA...All titanium.

Overall Length: 7.25"
    Blade Length: 3.00"
    Blade Thickness: .190"
    Weight: 3.0 oz.
    Material: All Titanium with Flame Finish

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'll take that bet! have you ever heard of leverage? you would be lucky to pry open a can of soda with that little toy. there is no handle, have fun working with that all day. just because its Titanium doesnt make it indestructible. i hope you never get locked in a room and only have that knife cause you will be there awhile!

How much are you willing to lose? I'm thinking a $400 bet would be about right and using your door and door frame. :):

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN

LMFAO!!!!!!!

do you have ANY idea the history of the DB/SA frame? i'll answer for you. no. do you know the original intent of that knife? forcing your way out of a downed helicopter. care to wager a guess what else it has been used for? secondary usage requirements: small, concealable knife for use in urban type LEO duties. forcing doors, windows, breaking things in general.

the DB frame knives are some of the most proven knives out there. sound touchy? yep. i dare anyone to find 5 more knives being touted as "tactical" today that have more hours of testing in. they have been issued to law enforcement and, on a global level, military. the DB-L has a NSN.

so. you can doubt the Ti construction if you like, but you can't argue the effectiveness of the design. well, you can, but you will be dead wrong. and there are hundreds of pipehitters world wide who will attest. any questions? ask Pat Roger (EAG) how ineffective it is. you can find him at lightfighter dot com.

go ahead, we can wait.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!

do you have ANY idea the history of the DB/SA frame? i'll answer for you. no. do you know the original intent of that knife? forcing your way out of a downed helicopter. care to wager a guess what else it has been used for? secondary usage requirements: small, concealable knife for use in urban type LEO duties. forcing doors, windows, breaking things in general.

the DB frame knives are some of the most proven knives out there. sound touchy? yep. i dare anyone to find 5 more knives being touted as "tactical" today that have more hours of testing in. they have been issued to law enforcement and, on a global level, military. the DB-L has a NSN.

so. you can doubt the Ti construction if you like, but you can't argue the effectiveness of the design. well, you can, but you will be dead wrong. and there are hundreds of pipehitters world wide who will attest. any questions? ask Pat Roger (EAG) how ineffective it is. you can find him at lightfighter dot com.

go ahead, we can wait.

Damn it Cubby!!!...you just blew an easy $400 for me! :): You just had to go and educate him on the design intentions/performance of the DB/SA Strider models. :laugh:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'd wager that after you blow through the doors and windows, you could baton the DB through the Kabar. Strider makes a seriously bad ass blade, and the DB has more than proven itself.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Let me say this for Brad to ever take a chance on wagering any money at all (and I know him well enough) ;) to know he would and could prove he was correct or in this case the knife in question would produce the results.

In other words be prepared to lose if Brad is willing to wager any money cause Brad does not like to lose money in any way shape or form.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom