• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I bought my first firearm the other day (Mossberg 500) and of course, I'm ready for more. :dunno:

I'm looking now for a pistol. Here are what I want in the pistol:
    1. Good for CC.
    2. Big enough that I can get four fingers on at once.
    3. Thin(ish).
    4. Under $400 used.
    5. Not a revolver.

My dad owns a G27 EXO and although the thing looks awesome, it does not make me happy. I feel it is too small. Whenever I shoot it, I find my off hand index finger slipping off the trigger guard, something I've never had an issue with before. He also owns a G23, and I like it. It fits fairly well in my hand, although I would love for it to be a little thinner (short fat fingers).

I have seen a little about the single stack Kahrs and they really intrigue me, but I don't know enough to even know where to begin researching one.

So help me out guys!

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    G19 / G23 depending on what caliber you want. You can find a used one under or around 400 if you look.

Kahrs are nice from what Ive heard but i dont think they run in that price range. Maybe Im wrong

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    There are many choices. The compact Glocks, Beretta Px, M & P line, etc. Perhaps try a gun range that rents guns or perhaps some fellow INGOers might be up to a meet and shoot.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    So many guns would work but it would take to long to list them all here. The search is half of the fun. Stop by Elmores & Bradis and see what catches your eye and fits your hand. The Ruger SR9 might fit.
    Mike

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Kahrs are nice except you probably won't be able to wrap all 4 of your fingers around them. You should be able to with the Kahr T9 but i have never seen one for sale less than 700.. most used Kahrs are pricey.. But they have some poly models that are not too bad used.. They honestly hold their value very very well..

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Sounds like a great time to add a 1911 to your collection. Slim profile, fairly easy to conceal, plenty big enough to put your mitts on, and decent used ones should be fairly easy to find for under $400

Top Bottom