• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

cav_cdr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Columbus
    Semi auto. Usually Colt Defender. Depends a lot on clothing. I like and own a number of revolvers but, for me at least, they are much more difficult to conceal. The flatter semi auto makes that easier.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    1911 Ultra Carry. Still small, with more ammunition.

Barely more...
    Semi Kimber ultra carry to be exact.

Semi auto. Usually Colt Defender...

I also carry a Kimber Ultra for CC. I switched to a full size PT92 for OC duty because in the same week I had 5 guys ask why I OC'd a compact 1911. I had never really thought of that before. Hard to argue with 19 rounds of 9mm over 8 rounds of .45 though. And that Taurus is a PITA to try to conceal comfortably, I guess I am just used to an aluminum 3" 1911.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    FNP 9, OWB. 32 rounds (2 16 round mags) makes more sense to me than any revolver for EDC. Out in the woods when I was a kid, my dad always carried a Ruger .357 Blackhawk, and would joke that "the first 5 are for the bear, and the last one is for me if I can't get the job done".....

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Semi-Auto for me, currently I carry a XD45c. That being said, I do not currently own a revolver, so in the future I might carry one. Any reason to buy a new firearm is a good one :)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Voted semi auto, but as others have stated, not that simple. I would prefer to carry my Glock 19 everyday, but my full time job precludes that (wear scrubs). So during the week, my 'car gun' is a 642 that is light enough that, if needed, I can carry without my pants falling off. 19 has been relegated to the weekends.

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I Carry a 1911, XD sub compact in 40 S&W, and a Taurus Judge depending on the weather and what I am wearing. I have to say it is all on personal choice, but their are many factors to take in: What caliber do you want to defended yourself with? Revolvers tend to have larger calibers in general. I would trust a 45 long colt over a 9mm myself. And that brings in the second ammo related factor: Capacity. Do you need 18 rounds, or 6? Ammo is always good to have, but less ammo in the revolver equals less weight as well. Next depends on the action. Almost all modern revolvers are double action, and having the ability to just pull the trigger in the event of a round that fails to fire over having to rack the slide back and pray it was just the round and not a jam or magazine problem. And how do you feel safe with your gun? If you don't like the idea of a round in the chamber with an auto and constantly clearing the weapon when you're home with your 12 gauge nearby, or think you will be getting active and bumpy, a revolver is just a trigger pull away with out ever having to think about it, but you still have the ability to pull the hammer back for a trigger pull free shot. I would say the final factor is what you have more experience with. If you have never handled and revolver, I wouldn't recommend buying one and carrying it if you have never used one.

One final thought: Some revolvers can chamber two different calibers/rounds, so think if the idea of having a hand gun that shoots 00 Buck shot and then hollow point .45 long colts tickles your fancy (Because it sure does with me)

I love having a shotgun in my pants :)

abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    For the time being I carry a semi auto. It's much easier for me to conceal and carry comfortably. All my revolvers are too big to lug around. I do however hope to have an airweight to carry in the near future.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    I voted semi auto. However since the purchase of my judge I carry that or both but sometimes my compact for a easier conceal purpose.

Both have they're benefits and together I feel they compliment each other.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I voted Auto, but I have recently picked up a Smith 442, and honestly, I am scary accurate with it. With a little more practice, my little go everywhere gun might change from LCP to 442. But my EDC will likely always be my 1911.

Top Bottom