• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmsnell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Indy
    I carry a G17 or a G30SF.... I'm really impressed with the 30, recoil is managable even with +P loads, hold 10 +1, it's not really uncomfortable IWB with propper holster, .45ACP is just as easy to find as 9mm(or easier my walmart doesn't carry 9mm), You have the choice on G36(8rds), G30, G30SF(slightly smaller frame) for hand fitting. Either way if you decide on the G26 you won't be disappointed.

Also there is a conversion barrel for the G30 making it 10mm.

+1 on the manageable recoil in this little beast.

If you have large hands the short grip is awkward at first, but nothing you can't get used to.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I carry a Glock 26, which is of course 9mm. I choose 9mm for effectiveness and economy of ammo. Everything I have read the 9mm is nearly as effective as larger calibers. As for economy, Walmart sells 9mm FMJ for $9.99 for 50. I'm not sure I could reload for that taking into account my time.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry a stock glock 17. Now I have some co-workers at the firehouse that says if its not a 45 then you arnt carry a real gun...well my thoughts are a well placed shot with a 9mm will stop you in your tracks..period!

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I have carried a Glock 26 with a 10 round magazine in the gun and a 17 round mag for back up. Now if I need a smaller gun I carry a Sig P239 in 9mm.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Glock 23

I figured .40 S&W is the best way to go since it splits somewhat high ammo capacity with a higher stopping power than a 9mm or smaller.

Also the 23 is the perfect size for my hand.

I didnt want to get a 27 cause i didnt want my pinkie to hang off the grip. and if your goin to get a grip extension i feel its completely pointless cause it basically gives you a shorter barreled 23.

thats my opinion of it but to each his own.

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I changed from a Glock 26 to a Glock 27 for personal carry. My Wife kept taking the 26 so with the modest increase in recoil she does not like the 27. Finally a weapon of my own.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom