• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Pistols FTW. More useful IMO. I read a lot about using a handgun to fight your way to a rifle. Screw that jazz. If I'm far enough away to need a rifle, I'm far enough away to run to avoid the situation.
    Evasion tops my list. I wanna live. No compromise. Kill or be killed seems to ring true in true defensive situations. Up close and not-so-personal is where it's at.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Handguns are a backup device.
    Shotguns are a niche tool for a unique situation, doesn't see much use from me but I view it as critical to have a practical one and know how to properly handle it.

That said, I do CCW daily and have for going on 9 years without missing a beat. I'd carry a rifle if society wasn't so paranoid.
    Ultimately, I like my rifles.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Handguns. I do have a couple of rifles, but just prefer handguns. One is an AR, the other is a 15-22. I do like the aspect of a close quarters combat rifle and that they are basically lego sets for adults. I would not mind taking a rifle 101 class some day. Not sure that I would be interested in an Appleseed, but would need to read a bit more on it.

Sold my bolt gun off a while back. As I get older, I've determined there are only so many things I can cram into my brain and rifle ballistics/long range shooting info, etc is just probably not going to be one of them. Also, lack of close by centerfire rifle range, and not having too many friends into rifles, etc I just did not make it out to shoot the bolt gun much.

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    For me, my pistol is for defense but the rifle is fun to shoot. And we have a stockpile of cheap ammo for it. My son has been asking about hand guns. I might borrow a .22 revolver and let him shoot it.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It would be hard for me to pick one over the other as each has its own purpose, and I have never purchased a gun that I didn't want to own. I have often thought I should get rid of some, but when it comes down to making the decision to sell one, I can't seem to bring myself to do that.

Gingerbread Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Columbia
    I like rifles more but I train more often with my pistols. I can't carry my rifles around and don't care to. Handguns are infinitely more portable, 237%* more concealable and no one had ever noticed my CCW. I also like my boxing skills as well as my de-escalation and conflict management skills. I strongly believe in a tiered defense that is adaptable to situation that confronts me.

*I have no long math equation to prove this so I just made up a number. :laugh:

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have mostly handguns I do have a AR-15 my son got me into thinking about long distance. The AR is sighted in to 100 yds. Now I am thinking more into 3 or 400 yrds. I am now looking at a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in the 308 calb. hoping I can get my distance fix. with this rifle with a good scope. It seams that this sport is very addicting I never in a million years would have been thinking that I would spend hundreds of dollars for a weapon and ammo. Now I just look at my safe and shake my head and I know that some people spend a heck of a lot more than I do. Long live our 2nd Amendment.

Sonney

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Im a rifle guy that shoots his sidearm more just because that's the weapon I'm more likely to have to use on a daily basis.I shoot my rifles enough to check zero and function after cleaning them.Rifles are easier to shoot by design so I don't spend near the trigger time with them.I can pick up any rifle I own and hit my intended target first shot usually and maintain solid groups.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    It would be hard for me to pick one over the other as each has its own purpose, and I have never purchased a gun that I didn't want to own. I have often thought I should get rid of some, but when it comes down to making the decision to sell one, I can't seem to bring myself to do that.
    I have not sold any, but I have traded one. I love the gun I traded for, but I miss the gun I traded away. I wont do that again, what guns I have I will keep.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    well a better question is what type of gun do you think about buying more often, hand guns or rifles? for me rifles but i have a list of handguns i want too.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I'm a far better shot with a rifle, and have more experience with them, however I think my pistols are more fun to shoot. My fun gun is my Walther P22, it helps that you're not thinking after every shot: Bang, 50 cents, Bang, 50 cents, Bang, 50 cents.....

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm pretty new to shooting handguns, but grew up shooing BB rifles and .22rifles with iron sights. I recently acquired both a Ruger SR556 and a G19. The Ruger was easy to get accustomed to shooting just with the iron sights. The G19 has taken more practice and has been more enjoyable becoming proficient with since I'm newer to the handgun platform.

Top Bottom