• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I like the GunVaults, but I have had the boards on 3 electric GunVaults fail over the last 5yrs (they are just too much $$$ to keep having to replace every 1-2yrs, IMO) so I am sticking ones with a mechanical fallback.

I was using one of the MiniVaults with the backup key inserted at night (which made for a quick and noisy opening.) I liked the noise when the kids where younger because it was loud enough that it would wake my wife up when I put my EDC in it if I did not take care to hold the lid and open slowly -- and I felt certain my kids would make at least that much noise.

Now that my kids are slightly older, I have switched to matched NanoVaults so I can use the same key in my cars and in both bedside safes. It still makes a decent amount of noise when opened, though.

AuburnGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Auburn, Indiana
    I too have a gun vault beside my bed. With a toddler I too thought it would be best to put it in a safe place. Just remember not to make combination difficult that in the middle of the night you cant access your gun. I kept mine at 5 presses and so far it has not failed me.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    I would be wary of electronic locks on anything you really need to get into. I forget the name, but the handgun safe I was most impressed with came with a 5 button pad and a latch. When you get to used to your combination, you can open it in the dark and it will like never fail.

Top Bottom