• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hi all:

Soon to have a toddler at home.

She's already quite mobile and can pull herself up at just about everything she can get her hands on.

Nigh time to invest in a bedside vault / gun safe for our bedroom.

Recommendations? Retail location where you purchased it?

How have you secured it in your room to help guard against a smash & grab?

Thanks!

-J-

ETA: One capable of holding a full-sized pistol "beside gun" + a compact pistol EDC and a small EDC revolver would be fantastic. Right now, my plan would involve unlocking it at night and leaving it open and then securing it before we leave for the day.

Last edited:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just received the GunVault Multivault standard as a birthday present from my wife. Solid and quick to open. Runs on 8AA batteries, and as its new I don't know how long they'll last. So far I like it alot though. It was easy to program, has keyed access backup. Plenty of room.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'll second the Gunvault multi vault. It will hold 4 handguns without having to pile them on top of each other. Practice opening it a little and you'll be able to do it in the dark with no problem. Mine is bolted down so someone can't just grab it and pry it open later.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    GunVault brand with biometric fingerprint comes in a few sizes. I have the micro, which is perfect for one full size pistol, plus some cash and jewelry. Reliable instant access without a key so that you can keep y gun cocked and loaded in case of an emergency. Mine was 150 on ebay. Warning, I bought a cheaper brand and it didnt even register fingerprints, so go with gunvault brand, or other trusted kind.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I have a Sentry safe with an electronic 4 digit keypad. I have it bolted to the floor with some hefty lag bolts, it'd take alot to rip it off the floor, possible, but improbable.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SentrySafe-ESB-3-Electronic-Security-Cubic/dp/B003ELKOOO]Amazon.com: SentrySafe ESB-3 Electronic Security Box, 0.23 Cubic Feet, Black: Home Improvement[/ame]
    I'm currently in the market for one of those biometric palm scanner type safes also ,maybe a little heavier than my current one.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    I have the gunvault multivault with the biometric finger print scanner. It has a key backup that i like and a hand imprint so its easy to find the sensor in the dark. Spring loaded door and internal light are nice. Works well and plenty of room. I basically stole it from a local pawn shop for 60$ nib. My only complaint is on the biometric one it takes one 9v battery which runs out quick. It has an a/c plug but i dont know if i would trust it in a power failure.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    The GunVault has 4 buttons. You can use six button presses in your combination, and any or all of those can be multiple keys at the same time. Not likely to be hacked or hit on accidentally - and the keypad deactivates after 24 wrong entries. Additionally, the deluxe model has an audible alarm if the unit is moved or if more than 24 incorrect entries are made.

Completely secure?? No way, but I think this comes as close to toddler safe as is possible with a quick ready safe.

By the way - I have absolutely no affiliation with GunVault, or anyone who sells them. I'm just a satisfied user.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I have a 4 year old and a 7 month old, I use [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Stack--PDS-500-Drawer-Safe-Electronic/dp/B002KEIU4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328973066&sr=8-1"]this[/ame] as my bedroom "safe".

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't recommend this one. The problem is that it has 4 buttons and 4 digit combinations. 24 possible combinations is simply not enough for anything smarter than a cow.

That is not a correct statement. You can press all of the buttons at once for one number of your combination. You should read the directions more carefully.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I agree with the gun vault suggestions, Ive used a biometric micro vault in my night stand for over a year now and it great, easy to access and fast to open if needed

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    When I was looking at safes, GunVault was slammed on Amazon. I went with Stack On PDS 500 drawer safe. Great for wall attachment too. Drill 2 new holes in back for top and bottom to attach to stud and install upside down for door to open down.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thought I'd bump this up again because the kiddo is almost a pedestrian...
    -J-

I don't trust anything (like a pistol vault) with batteries. So I bought a V-Line "Compact" mechanical lock-box (key-less) that is screwed and wire-locked to the bedside drawer and furniture. If thieves have enough time, it's theirs, but it will keep little ones out and it will still be ready when you need to grab your pistol... Five buttons, 1081 possible combinations...
    See the 2 offerings at: V-Line Industries "Top drawer" (larger) and "Compact" versions
    Outdoorsman in Greenwood used to carry them. had to order mine thru the net

Top Bottom