• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    What are we supposed to be outraged about? I'm already outraged over the profligate spending by both parties. During this supposed "shut down" I haven't seen the debt clock count backwards yet. I haven't even noticed it slow down.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm outraged, pal. I'm outraged about having Obamacare shoved down my throat. I'm outraged that my President supposedly had no knowledge of the NSA spying on U.S. citizens or that the IRS was waging its own private attacks on various political groups during his term. . .and I'm still waiting to hear how our great leader is going to ensure this never happens again. Hell yes I'm angry.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From what I've read of Stutzman, I'm pretty sure he knows what the objective is. He probably isn't sure what the idiot GOP leadership wants to get out of this.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Believe me!

We're all pissed about something that these playground tactics inflict on our daily lives.

But let's get to the roots!

Pointing fingers from one side of a playground still puts you on the playground!

Demo-Repub-Left-Right Bull crap doesn't change anything! I'm a human with a little less of my humanity being 'given' back to me every day and frankly I'm pissed about that! Because it was intended to be MINE in the first place.

These calluses on my hands meant that I had enough for myself and my family! Now they mean that my owner can get another private JET!

Self Empower, Self Motivate, Self Reliance, Self Respect!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What am I supposed to be enraged about? The Republicans in the house finally putting their foot down by saying "enough is enough... we're not funding that?"

Or the Democrats in the Senate saying "you'll fund everything we want or you'll get no funding at all!"?

moveon.org is that way --------------->

Go there. You'll probably fit in better.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm still pissed about the supposed investigations of Fast and Furious and Benghazi.
    Hell I'm still pissed about the patriot act that opened the door for this NSA bull ****.
    Yeah I've been pissed for a long time.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    This thread illustrates the INGO's GOP supporters are about as clear headed on this whole thing as those they admire in Washington.

I say let it go on. At the very least we will no longer be able to police the border with Mexico at all, so we won't have to listen to their big-government advocacy when it comes to immigration and we can watch their free market sort it all out.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    This thread illustrates the INGO's GOP supporters are about as clear headed on this whole thing as those they admire in Washington.

I say let it go on. At the very least we will no longer be able to police the border with Mexico at all, so we won't have to listen to their big-government advocacy when it comes to immigration and we can watch their free market sort it all out.

huh? we're still policing the border, those are some of those "essential" employees. And all the other federals employees are going to get their back pay too. It's all happened before, business as usual.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What am I supposed to be enraged about? The Republicans in the house finally putting their foot down by saying "enough is enough... we're not funding that?"

Or the Democrats in the Senate saying "you'll fund everything we want or you'll get no funding at all!"?

moveon.org is that way --------------->

Go there. You'll probably fit in better.

nicely said...

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm for the government shutdown. It just shows how many non-essential (in the private sector, that would be called unemployed) employees and departments we tax payers are funding.

Think about how many non essential employees are at the NSA. It didn't prevent the boston bombings, nothing has happened in their absence and if they didn't have this glut of non essential workers, there would be far less time to spy on Ameicans phone calls. Apply that sang philosophy to every department.

How much energy does the department of energy produce? Zero. Gut it.

And for all the blame the GOP is getting for the shut down and how willing Obama is to compromise, it's a joke. Repeal Obamacare - NO! Ok then, defund Obamacare - NO! Ok, then delay Individual Mandate for a year - NO! Well, can we at least not give exemptions? - NO! Yeah, that shows a willingness to compromise.

FYI....I'm sure most are already fully aware of this, but I'll say it for the fans in the cheap seats. The antideficiency act is in full effect right now. Who works, who stays, what's opened, what's closed is directed by the OMB, the largest office within the EOP. Obama is once again picking the winners and losers and then blaming the GOP when he now has control of the purse.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The EPA has laid off 10,000 employee and only have 1,000 still working. yet they report that the EPA is continuing with business as usual. So they don't even apparently need 90% of their employees... but we hire more, pay them more, then they donate millions to the reelection of the Democrats who work to protect their jobs. That doesn't seem incestuous, does it?

Top Bottom