• ...and so much more!
  • Buckshost2825

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Crown Point
    I'm sure this question gets asked every quarter or so, but i've only found threads dated years earlier.
    I've been searching around almost the entirety of indiana and it seems like there's nowhere to actually take out a barrett and have some fun with it.
    Almost all the ranges mentioned in other old threads either have 'no 50 bmg' slapped on the webpage or, in the case of hillside, have explicitly responded that they only allow their rental Barrett to be shot on their range.
    If anyone knows a private range that I can make contact with, or a range that isn't listed when I search on the web I'd appreciate it.
    I also noted that people often recommended the wildlife ranges, such as jasper pulaski, winamac, and wilbur wright, however as far I can understand they are under the DNR regulations which do not permit 50 BMG.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.
    P.S. This would be for both and me and my father, and while a 4 hour drive means little to me, I think he could probably tolerate 2 hours at the very most from Crown Point.

EDIT: Base and bucks have replied to my email with a very hearty 'of course you can' when I asked if I could shoot a barret 50 on their range. their website is https://www.bassandbucks.com for any future visitors from google or the forum search bar

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    The only range I know of would be Bend on the River Conservation Club in Niles Michigan. Have to be a member, or arrive with a member, but they do have up to a 300 yard range. Sucks that it's in Michigan, but it is what it is.

Another range, though it's a drive, would be ProTeq in Brazil Indiana. INGO has had events there before. I can't imagine they wouldn't allow .50 BMG on their 150 yard range, seeing as a 2" cannon and a 20mm Vulcan couldn't destroy their berm, little old .50 BMG sure wouldn't do anything.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The only range I know of would be Bend on the River Conservation Club in Niles Michigan. Have to be a member, or arrive with a member, but they do have up to a 300 yard range. Sucks that it's in Michigan, but it is what it is.

Another range, though it's a drive, would be ProTeq in Brazil Indiana. INGO has had events there before. I can't imagine they wouldn't allow .50 BMG on their 150 yard range, seeing as a 2" cannon and a 20mm Vulcan couldn't destroy their berm, little old .50 BMG sure wouldn't do anything.
    Proteq also has the long distance range. I've checked it out but not shot on it. This was the update from Oct 2023 on their website http://www.proteqrange.net/

Long Distance Range (LDR) is 95% complete & operational from 300 to 500 yards.
    The road is constructed to 500 yards, but the last 50 yards is not graveled (STAY off when the ground is wet). All three Berms (300,400,500) are complete.
    The 500 yard Swinging Steel Plate is installed. The prone platform is leveled at the LDR Bench. A cover structure is installed over the bench.
    A dual safety flag system is installed. Contact us to schedule your LDR qualification test.

Buckshost2825

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Crown Point
    Youngs long shot gun range in Wolcottville might be an option. Never been there myself
    Types of arms and ranges to use:

14 NO FULLY AUTOMATIC FIREARMS ALLOWED. NO .50 CALIBER BMG'S. NO BUMPSTOCKS OR BINARY TRIGGERS. NO SHOTGUNS.
    Sadly, already read that, however I did get an email back from bass and bucks saying they allowed it.
    Proteq also has the long distance range. I've checked it out but not shot on it. This was the update from Oct 2023 on their website http://www.proteqrange.net/
    If it was on the table to do a membership somewhere maybe, however from what i'm reading they've restricted all the 'fun' stuff to their premium/platnium members on their 500 yard range. Though it's not explicitly stated they don't allow 50s on their 200 west valley normal range, given the massive warning on the restrictions page that some calibers are not acceptable on certain ranges I doubt it. It is also way out of range sadly, coming in at 3 hours and 17 minutes, probably a bit long for my father.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Sadly, already read that, however I did get an email back from bass and bucks saying they allowed it.

If it was on the table to do a membership somewhere maybe, however from what i'm reading they've restricted all the 'fun' stuff to their premium/platnium members on their 500 yard range. Though it's not explicitly stated they don't allow 50s on their 200 west valley normal range, given the massive warning on the restrictions page that some calibers are not acceptable on certain ranges I doubt it. It is also way out of range sadly, coming in at 3 hours and 17 minutes, probably a bit long for my father.

I appreciate the suggestion though.
    If you do reconsider, their memberships are fairly low cost, but I can definitely appreciate the distance consideration, and as you state, would definitely want to confirm if 50 BMG is an approved caliber.

Buckshost2825

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Crown Point
    If you do reconsider, their memberships are fairly low cost, but I can definitely appreciate the distance consideration, and as you state, would definitely want to confirm if 50 BMG is an approved caliber.
    If we got a closer place (bass and bucks) we're probably going to go there. There are other ranges where I can take out a 308 and despite how much he dislikes the one we go to, my father has a pretty decent range that allows up to 5.56.
    It's not a matter of cost it's more, how often would we be willing to jump in a car for a couple hours to pop off a few $5 rounds ha ha.

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    It's probably out of driving range for you but if you ever want to really reach out. This place has 1300 meters and will let you shoot about anything you can hit a target with.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom