• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is one of my favorite places to order from. Less than 5 dollars for shipping,great prices,and i have always received my order in less than a week.
    Powdered Dried Whole Eggs - Freeze Dried Fruit - Blanched Almond Flour - Steel C - Discount

I do a fair amount of storage. One of the items they have are powdered whole eggs(on sale 10% off right now). I strongly recommend them and have already tried them scrambled,and in making bread. Not as good as fresh but good.

I have ordered from a few other places like emergency essentials(did not care for them to much to be honest..slow and rude on the phone). Where does everyone else order from?Any good source for mountain house(as they no longer sell to the public)?

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I've used Honeyville and Emergency essentials (Online)
    I got great service from both.
    Major Surplus has good deals on MRE's from time to time.
    Quake Kare has some good deals: Emergency Food Rations

Really depends on what I'm looking for.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Blatant plug warning! :)

We currently sell Mayday food ration bars and Mountain House products and are in the process of adding other emergency food products soon. Sorry, but we do not have any MH #10 cans in stock, they are telling us we can expect to get them in January or February.

At any rate, anyone who is a member here can receive 10% off your first order made through our website by using the code IGO.

Finally, we recently changed the website to an ecommerce solution so we are busy adding more/new products every day, so please check back or email and ask about specific items you might be looking for.

Regards,

Jim

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've been thinking about buying a bunch of canned ham, spam, tuna, etc. Anyone have an idea as to how long the shelf life is on that stuff?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I've been thinking about buying a bunch of canned ham, spam, tuna, etc. Anyone have an idea as to how long the shelf life is on that stuff?

Checked out a can of SPAM at the store the other day. "Sell By" date was Aug 2011

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Checked out a can of SPAM at the store the other day. "Sell By" date was Aug 2011

I did a google search and found anywhere from 2-3 years to "if the can isn't dented and it still has a vacuum when you open it, it's good." I guess if it's the only thing you have to eat, you won't have much choice.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    spam is not that great on shelf life. However look closely at the canned chicken breast,the canned roast beef and most impressive was the canned boneless salmon. I have some of all and rotate it into our meals. Chicken helper for example is great and very easy/fast with the canned chicken. I buy a few extra when ever I go to the store.Ohhhhh,also the canned unrefrigerated ham,though not the best tasting stuff stores for around 3 years.I have boxes of things with expiration dates and rotate it in and out of our regular trips to the store.

Top Bottom