• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oucme69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    indianapolis
    was wondering if anyone knows a place in indy or close to buy paracord looking for colored cord not just black and camo or good websites to order from but prefer to buy locally

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    if can't find what you want locally, amazon.com has it

There are quite a few online places. A little advice though. All cord advertised a 550 cord is not necessarily military grade paracord.

I learned that the Atwood brand is slightly thinner in diameter and made of a different type/blend? of nylon. The core strands and covers of the trimmed ends don't melt together well. I like the Rothco brand of cord much better.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Supply Captain as always had an insane array of paracord colors. They have a pretty good rep, although I think they are a pretty small mom & pop outfit.

Supply Captain: 550 Paracord

I like the convenience of throwing things on a $25 Amazon order for free shipping, although I'm not sure they don't purposely slow down delivery when you opt for free shipping! They list a lot of paracord colors but I share Stschil's concern over quality variation. I used Rothco one time, but it was only to color mark handles on some baggage so I didn't scrutinize the strength and construction.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Indy*Army*Navy
    6032 East 21st Street, Indianapolis

They usually have quite a bit of different colors in 50', 100', 300', 500' and fairly priced. I just started buying online cause I got tired of driving down there.

Top Bottom