• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    OK I am going to buy my press and my question is Should I buy from Dillon, Brian Enos, or my Local dealer who is Red Ghost. The only real price difference will be Tax here vs shipping from Dillon vs nothing from Brian. We are only talking 40-50 dollars so is it worth it to establish the relationship with the local guy? If so has anyone ever delt with Red Gost?

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Dillon controls the prices. They are the same just about anywhere you buy from.
    Daves in Holland stocks several different models of the Dillons. They have quite a bit of reloading stuff there too. That is where i bought mine at. I needed the end to the primer tube a little $.50 piece of plastic they only had it in the $20 repair kit. The took one out and gave it to me. Great people in my book.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I didn't have any place locally so I bought from Enos to save shipping. I don't know about red ghost but my local guy (kempf) is a overpriced cantankerous turd. Even if he carried dillion I'd have bought elsewhere.

Shopping local is a good thing, if the locals deserve it. Case in point I would buy my dounts at Munster Donut in Munster rather than DD across the street on most days. Their chocolate covered cake donut was better anyway, lol.

The world would suck if the little guys went out of business. Most already have.

ltb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Evansville,IN
    I am not a reloader, but Terry has been very good to me over the years, I have bought everything from ammo to shotguns,pistols,etc .etc. and he has been good to work with.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Get with Azerigan here on the boards at "Profire Arms"...He will hook you up and is a hell of a guy to deal with!!!!!

I am sure he is, he helped set up that swap meet, but to travel 7 hrs round trip to buy something that has a fixed price is a bad idea.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    The guy from Red Ghost is a heck of a good guy. I've dealt with him a couple of times on guns and I have been going there for a couple of yrs now to pick up my odd and end powders if I'm only needing 1lb to get get me buy before I buy it in 8lb jugs.

Only thing I don't like is, he is kinda high on prices on his dies and shell holders. But someones got to pay shipping and the ole boy has to make a living somehow.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Dave's or Red Ghost - can't go wrong with either. +1 on what Mudcat said above. I've bought 'stuff' at both. Only problem is, is that they are equal distance from me - time-wise...

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Profire Arms&Supply..

Fourth for Andrew. And, if you know what you want, I think He will drop-ship any Dillon product to your door--NOT a 7 hour round trip drive that way..Bill

upchurch67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    I buy primers and powder at Red Ghost and have also bought a couple of guns there. Terry has always been helpful, courteous and very friendly. I would have no reservations about buying a loader from him.

AKg20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    up yonder
    I got mine from Brian Enos, you can email or call him too, I had a couple of stupid questions for him and he answered them like they were important. Your press ships right from Dillon if you order from B/O too....at least mine did. They are both in AZ. As an aside, you will get the "Blue Press" monthly magazine for free too from the AZ guys, but then again, you can sign up for it online, so no big deal. Enjoy.

Top Bottom