• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Woobie again.
    Damn, this is happening a lot with someone with wisdom far beyond his years, as you so consistently do.

You're too kind.

I have to agree with you about the freedom thing. How free am I if I don't pay my taxes, because I don't want to subsidize addiction?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sadly the drug business has become a part of our economy both legal and illegal. People making money from the manufacture and distribution of drugs and many earning a living assisting, managing, and incarcerating those who use the drugs. It's a business that gets bigger every year with no end in sight. Sad to say, but.....

Always follow the money

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Richmond is becoming known as Dayton West. We've even got drug deals going bad with double homicides between the buyer/seller and bad debtors being taken off the books in a very permanent fashion.

Had a family ask me to hold a check for payment for my services recently. Seems a great-grandson stole a debit card right after an insurance check was deposited into granny's account and he cleaned out some funds before payment could find me. Family member brings in a check and the first thing out of his mouth is his son (the thief) OD'd (Narcan saved his arse) the day before and they now had some "unexpected" expenses, which was why I should wait a few extra days. I changed my mind and deposited my check while there was still sufficient funds. The next morning, I read in the paper that the thief was arrested for possession -and released on bail- 6 hours before his OD and subsequent SECOND arrest of the day! The family called a couple of days later crying that they now had no funds to bail their family thief/addict. I offered them a solution: Have Little Johnny take his unused heroin back to his dealer for a full refund. Hopefully, they'll never call me again but if they do it's cash up front. Dealing with addicts -and their enabling families- is like herding cats.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Sadly the drug business has become a part of our economy both legal and illegal. People making money from the manufacture and distribution of drugs and many earning a living assisting, managing, and incarcerating those who use the drugs. It's a business that gets bigger every year with no end in sight. Sad to say, but.....

Always follow the money

Your right the government could stop it.and even if they couldn't stop it completely they could put one hell of a dent in the industry .But they never will cause of MONEY.....let's throw a guy in jail for possession of a pot seed...but let's give these worthless junkies free needles to bang smack...and cut down on aids give me a break government created that virus as well.. makes me sick

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    As long as they are good shots, do we care of buyers/sellers kill each other?

Sadly, usually people hopped up on drugs and the attendant uncontrolled anger are usually terrible shots, and they tend to hit all kinds of innocent bystanders.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Did you know that you can now buy Narcan over the counter at most places like CVS? At work, We have no less than 1 OD per shift... Everyday now...

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    My guess is use of heroin is going up do to the pain clinics being shut down. I think I remember them saying hundreds of patients a day went through those doors. Thats a lot of people that have no source of pills now. A friend of mine is an RN that used to work for Dr Hendrick, when she realized what he was doing she got the hell out of there. She said it was unbelievable what he was prescribing to people......its sad. From Fox59

""It went from pain medications and prescription medications, and now we are seeing the majority of drug use being the heroin. It's a huge problem here throughout Delaware County and throughout Muncie," said Stanley."

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Pain medications are insidious. I know when I think of "druggie" I tend to go to the image of tattooed up criminals or people snorting coke off of mirrors, but with pain killers it's often people who seem perfectly normal and were before the addiction set in.

I know of at least two people I suspected of becoming addicts after being prescribed pain meds as post operation pain medication. The people around acknowledged it in whispers, but what could you do for them? One got clean. The other I haven't seen in a awhile, but last I had he was still on a slow track to being strung out.

I don't know about these heroin users. Are they starting it recreationally, or are they trying to "self medicate" when their legitimate prescriptions run out?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    How about the kids that come home and find both theirs parents unconscious from heroin overdoses, makes me sick.

I could care less about the people killing themselves, it is those around them that I hate to see hurt.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    How about the kids that come home and find both theirs parents unconscious from heroin overdoses, makes me sick.

I could care less about the people killing themselves, it is those around them that I hate to see hurt.

But, but, but, but victimless crime!

Top Bottom