• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GotGuns?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greenwood, In
    Well hello everyone, I'm a long time looker but first time poster. So, first off, thanks for having me. Secondly where in world can I find a Sig P229. I have been doing a lot of research on them and would like it to be my next purchase. I have only handled one and the guy told me to buy it before it was gone. Well, unfortunately I didn't and now I'm kicking myself for it.

Also if anyone has insight on fair prices for them, at the frenzy of everything right now its hard to see a guns true value lately. Thanks :ingo:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't know where you're located, but there were a few at the last Indy 1500.

I believe that ZX guns had them (Goshen), Indiana Gun Club (Fishers), and Midwest Gun Works (Mishawaka) had at least a P226.

Orion Arms (Jeffersonville) had a P229 Scorpion a few weeks ago I was looking hard at.

I ended up buying a M11-A1 from Hoosier Gun Trader from Monticello. I think he also had a P229 or P226. Terrific place to work with IMO. I'd definitely buy from him again.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Welcome. I'd just get 50 posts, or sign up to be a site supporter. Then you can peruse the INGO classifides. I've seen lots of them come through, and lots of them were NICE, and many different varients. Just a thought.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I would suggest you take a road trip. Use the internet, make a list of guns shops in the same general direction, grab a buddy and plan a route. You will find some overly priced items and you will also find some shops with common sense pricing. You'll do well to remember both. You will meet a lot of nice people with things in common to you; and chances are you'll find what you're looking for and things you didn't know you were looking for. I found something on my last road trip that was supposed to be non existant. It was a shop that had 30 to 40 thousand small rifle primers on the shelf, and they were not overly inflated in price. What you seek is out there, good luck in your search.

GotGuns?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greenwood, In
    Well I just looked it up and it doesn't look like Louisville is open yet, surprising, thought they've been building that thing for awhile.

I've pretty much exhausted all the local shops, put ill call around the places mentioned and see what I can find out. It'd be nice to snag a used in new condition, but from the way it sounds, People don't usually give up their Sigs.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Again, not sure where you're located but since you mentioned Louisville... Shooter's Supply in Crestwood usually has quite a few SIGS. They have a small spinning display case that holds about 10 SIGS and usually have additional ones in the case below.

It's a great shop overall, and recently they've had more guns than most shops around even some AR's and AR parts. Problem is if you're an Indiana resident, you have to have the handguns transferred to an FFL. The guys there mentioned they have some things worked out with southern Indiana FFL's since its a frequent occurrence but adds some to the cost if you're watching your :twocents: ...

GotGuns?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greenwood, In
    I live in greenwood, Elmore's had two new new ones, not even checked in yet, but I passed it up. Gander had one just now but it's listed for 999 which seams high to me

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    If you are wanting to hit a particular geographical area, try us up here in NWI. We've got Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander Mtn, 2 Blythe's Sport Shops, Westforth Sports, and some more...all pretty accessible from the expressway. All carry SIGs...got my P229 Extreme from Blythe's in Griffith.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    Zx guns in goshen has some i believe... Midwest Gun Exchange in Elkhart is where I got my p226. I'd give those two a call. they are good people

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Midwest Guns in Elkhart had a couple of CPO Sigs that looked really nice. This includes a P228 that looked like new.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Where have all the P229s gone?
    My house. Ok, one of them made it to my house. Fine gun snag one if you can!
    492F2FF5-2E27-4AC4-996B-A40A03C0165C-3791-0000028C27B46773.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom