• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tacmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking for an AK since I got my tax return. I have not been able to find an AK or Saiga for less than $700.00. The one that I found for $700.00 was a WASR. Seems like the price has gone up a rediculous amount. I understand supply and demand but damn. Most of the places that I normally look at on line are also out.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have been looking for an AK since I got my tax return. I have not been able to find an AK or Saiga for less than $700.00.

Not sure where you've been looking. We currently have Saiga rifles at $399.95, Yugo M70AB2s and Polish AKMS in the low $600s, and a WASR-10/UF and an IO AK-47C in the mid-$500s. Might want to come on down and check 'em out...

Did you try Bradis?

Apparently not. ;)

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I dont know anything about AK's but from what ive seen from this thead...Saigas are cheap!! I thought Saigas were one of the better AK's around. Or do they need converting or something?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I dont know anything about AK's but from what ive seen from this thead...Saigas are cheap!! I thought Saigas were one of the better AK's around. Or do they need converting or something?
    converting is optional. there is the stock / handgrip that does not move the trigger group available (tapco intrafuse) i have it on my saiga, and the length from magwell to trigger is fine for me. i enjoy shooting the saiga more than a norinco anyways :D and yes saigas are chromlined chanber / barrel, and are very easy to make accept 30 round mags. then the 992r compliance kicks in and you decide on if it is a big deal to you to be compliant.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    AK's are disappearing into the "Panic Hole", The Panic hole is a unique phenomona that appears during election cycles and causes certain types of firearms to disappear. They reappear usually in about a year on various forums for sale at a decent price followed by a disclaimer saying "I bought this about a year ago and I need to sell it because I really do not need 6 of the same firearm."

I myself have been following and falling into panic holes over the years. There are groups to help deal with this disease. The first step is admission. So here I go...."Hello. My name is Rick and I panic buy guns."

(All in Unison) HI RICK!!!!!!

Last edited:

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    While panic buying is a factor and it isn't as bad as one website out there that claims that Romanian won't be importing anymore AKs (and has for over a year), I do really believe we are starting to reach the ends of AK surplus items. Yugo M67 is probably done, 5.45x39 mags are at least in an import lull if not mostly done, parts kits are no where near as plentiful as before (and the barrel policy change didn't help), etc.

http://ak47talk.blogspot.com/2012/03/ak74-magazines-and-future-of-ak-market.html

boomboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    The one good thing to come out of these bans is it made some (not a lot of) manufacturing jobs. The barrel ban and 922r parts hopefully gave some Americans a wage in this dreadful economy.

Top Bottom