where do you think George Zimmerman will go from here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    where ever he goes, tell zimmerman to buy a better gun
    No matter where he lives he's going to need one or more AR, or similar weapon, plus enough ammo and mags to get good with it/them.
    I'm afraid some punk azz gansta, or group of same, is going to try to make a name for him/them self by taking Zimmerman out.
    That seems to be a popular theme in the "Hate Zimmerman" tweets.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    No matter where he lives he's going to need one or more AR, or similar weapon, plus enough ammo and mags to get good with it/them.
    I'm afraid some punk azz gansta, or group of same, is going to try to make a name for him/them self by taking Zimmerman out.
    That seems to be a popular theme in the "Hate Zimmerman" tweets.
    Zimmerman is going to have to look over his shoulder 24/7

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdoger View Post George Zimmerman is going to be a rich man after all his civil lawsuits. NBC was first on the list today. Thousands of lawyers would like to filing suits on his behalf.I agree... until he loses the civil suit from TMs parents. I foresee a bunch of cash changing hands, with little of it landing in GZ's hands permanently. This isnt a personal jab, but I see the suits against the media somewhat necessary for him to CYA financially. He probably knows hes gonna get a civil suit, and much like OJ could lose. (burden of proof is lower in civil cases for those playing the home game) I can see the proactive lawsuits as financial insurance as much as retribution for libel/slander. If in the end he gets bank, great. Otherwise he can effectively make NBC et al pay his civil losses for him. He will not lose any civil trail. The crap will come out about TMs thug lifestyle. TM parents will not sit through all the crap that will come out.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    His mother is from Peru I gather, maybe he can head down there for awhile. Perhaps she has some family that can him get on his feet in a new place. Wherever he goes, best of luck to him.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Florida 'stand your ground' law yields some shocking outcomes depending on how law is applied | Tampa Bay Times

The new law only requires law enforcement and the justice system to ask three questions in self-defense cases:
    Did the defendant have the right to be there?

Was he engaged in a lawful activity?

Could he reasonably have been in fear of death or great bodily harm?

Without convincing evidence to the contrary, "stand your ground'' protection prevails.

If prosecutors press charges, any defendant claiming self-defense is now entitled to a hearing before a judge. At the immunity hearing, a judge must decide based on the "preponderance of the evidence" whether to grant immunity. That's a far lower burden than "beyond a reasonable doubt," the threshold prosecutors must meet at trial.

"It's a very low standard to prove preponderance," said Weaver, the West Palm Beach lawyer. "If 51 percent of the evidence supports your claim, you get off."

I guess GZ and his lawyers expected the case to be very weak, if they thought it was going to be guilty, they might have called for a SYG hearing. Though, I heard, they can now use court testimony in a SYG hearing also against civil suits.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He will not lose any civil trail. The crap will come out about TMs thug lifestyle. TM parents will not sit through all the crap that will come out.

Remember, in a criminal trial, the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that he is guilty (there can be no doubt he is innocent).

In a civil trial, the jury only needs the burden of proof. In other words, unlike a criminal trial, a civil trial only needs to show that its likely he did it based on evidence, with one side's evidence being stronger than the other.

So a criminal trial you must PROVE he did something (beyond a reasonable doubt). In a civil trial its simply "does one side's evidence show that he did it more than the other side's say he didnt?"

THAT is why OJ walked on the criminal charges, but was later found guilty in the civil trial. Criminal: Was he definitely the one that killed Nicole and the other guy? No proof, no judgement. Civil: Was he likely the one who did it? yep. pay up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Shouldn't he be immune to civil lawsuits since he was found not guilty? Seems that would make it a justifiable use of force.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
    (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

Top Bottom