Where do you keep your Home Defense Shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Closet area, installed high over door, inside. Kids can't reach it, out of sight, .... the bike hooks are a good idea. I used a pickup truck rack, cut down, and secured to the studs. I use to handcuff the stock to the frame. I have the keys. No issues.

Truckman68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    NWI
    I gotta get me another short barreled pump gun. But I always keep one of my dressers about 3 or 4 inches from corner and put a long gun between dresser and wall.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    We keep ours, we have more than one, in the rack in our walk in closet 2 steps from our bed. If need be the walk in closet can be locked when we have visitors. We dont ever lock it as we always have our bedroom door closedand right now bave a 7 month old. I do have a cable lock system to run through all the shogjns and rifles when we leave for extenddd periods of time and we are currently shopping around for a safe. We are not looking for a safe to keep them away from our daughter as she will be taught from an early age not to touch them without us. We are looking for the safe to prevent theft and possibly prevent them being sucked up jn a tornado.
    Again sorry for the typos on my phine with the 7 mknth using me as a jungle gym...LOL

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    One in the bedroom (pump) and a side by side hammerless tweaked for cowboy action shooting by the front door. Shells are right there by the door also. Two 00 buck and two number 4 shot.

country85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I keep mine leaned up against the wall by my head board, depends on how well you trust your kids with firearms. It's always better to be safe than sorry. On a side note, I never leave a round chambered in my shotty, the sound of racking a 12 gauge is deterent enough most of the time.

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    My shotgun is 4 feet from my bed leaned between the wall and the bedroom door. The door is right next to the wall and when it is open it's behind the door. Door is always closed and I don't have any kids.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom