Where do you keep your home defense shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    When I am home, it is right next to my side of the bed. Rounds in the tube, chamber empty. That is for the 2-legged varmints in the house. Sitting right next to it is my hi-point carbine with the mag full and chamber open. That is for the four legged varmints outside the house.

gopwins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    I don't broadcast the locations of my firearms on the interwebs. This thread is a mother-load of intel for the bad dudes. If I were y'all, I'd be editing these posts and removing this information real quick. You never know what kinds of thiefs and freaks troll on here for leads.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Nobody here talking about how they have thier shotguns point when stowed away...personally, I keep my guns pointed in the direction where nobody will be. In my case I have my shotgun point up towards the celling as I'm on the second floor surrounded by bedrooms/bathroom.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't broadcast the locations of my firearms on the interwebs. This thread is a mother-load of intel for the bad dudes. If I were y'all, I'd be editing these posts and removing this information real quick. You never know what kinds of thiefs and freaks troll on here for leads.

I have no problem telling the world the location of my gun when the bad guys break into my house:

IN MY HANDS :):

gopwins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    I have no problem telling the world the location of my gun when the bad guys break into my house:

IN MY HANDS :):
    The bad guys don't usually come fo steal your guns when you're at home. Unless, you are a hermit and stay at the cave 24/7, I'd recommend against broadcasting the locations of the arsenal.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The bad guys don't usually come fo steal your guns when you're at home. Unless, you are a hermit and stay at the cave 24/7, I'd recommend against broadcasting the locations of the arsenal.

My home defense guns are moved to other locations and locked away im im not around them.
    If I say that my shotgun is on my nightstand it means im right next to it probably loading it.
    Plus I dont display the location(s) where I live and keep my arsenal.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Where do I keep my HD Shotgun?

Sure... I'll get on that right away. Do you want me to post a map of my property complete with floor plans as well?:D

Patrolman1981

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Richmond, In
    I have a bookshelf with a crown moulding around the top. Shotgun sit atop of that. You can not see it standing on the ground. It is out of reach of any kids that might be around, yet easy to grab by an adult.

Top Bottom